Millenium Falcon (version of the movie "Solo") building thread

starbuck

Hi togehter,

I decided to build the Millenium Falcon again - but now the version of the movie "Solo".
It seems to be a more easy model to build.

I printed out the pages two times to be able to add some details popping out. I will see how it turns out.
I also will use colour pencils to create some additional details.

Here first pics.

To stabilize the disc I created formers as the structure was too weak by using 160mg paper.

I think this is a rather easy to make model, but it seems to be accurate and if you add some details it
will be a very nice model on the shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_6650.jpg
    IMG_6650.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6651.jpg
    IMG_6651.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6652.jpg
    IMG_6652.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6654.jpg
    IMG_6654.jpg
    582 KB · Views: 19

starbuck

This looks very good!
Where did you get the model?
Oh....I don't remember. I think - I am sure - I got the link here at Zealot. (my only source) But by checking the homepage mentioned on the sheet - see picture 1 - I could not find the model. - strange - I will try to find out.

starbuck

Next parts finalized:
I mounted the radar dish with the original part, but it was too high. (maybe I made something wrong as on the picture https://www.zealot.com/index.php?resources/solo-millennium-falcon.1893/ it was not so high) I first cut the original part and then created a new base as can be seen on picture 4.

Next parts - probably the most difficult of the model the cockpit. I know this because I already made two MF models and these were the parts wich were most difficult. Will see how I manage to assamble them when they are smaller then the previous ones.

Attachments

• IMG_6662.jpg
    IMG_6662.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6663.jpg
    IMG_6663.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6664.jpg
    IMG_6664.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6665.jpg
    IMG_6665.jpg
    582.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6666.jpg
    IMG_6666.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6667.jpg
    IMG_6667.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 11

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Oh....I don't remember. I think - I am sure - I got the link here at Zealot. (my only source) But by checking the homepage mentioned on the sheet - see picture 1 - I could not find the model. - strange - I will try to find out.

I've forgotten where I have obtained models more often than not. :noteeth:

starbuck

OK Cockpit assambled and test - put it on wrong place. :hammerhead:Dont do as seen in 1st picture. I was lucky - I did not use glue before testing so I was able to correct the placement without any damage.
Now working on the bottom of the ship. As can be seen I will add some additional details by cutting. And I already did some recolouring of some parts.

Attachments

• IMG_6668.jpg
    IMG_6668.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6672.jpg
    IMG_6672.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6673.jpg
    IMG_6673.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6674.jpg
    IMG_6674.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 10

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
OK Cockpit assambled and test - put it on wrong place. :hammerhead:

I have done the same thing many times. There was only one time where putting parts and components in the wrong spot actually worked out for me. I was working on the BSG Raptor and placed the main engines a bit too low. After I had realizes what I had done, I decided that I would add an extra engine (for a triple engine assembly) and re-designate it the Veloci-Raptor (High Velocity (high speed) Raptor). I even came up with a back story of how it was an experimental project.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

starbuck

Next parts:
as can bee seen on picture 4 and 5 I had problems to place the parts onto place as they were too large. As I did not find the way to use the whole parts I cut them into size.
Last but one picture shows the final parts. The part no 22 (upper left corner of the picture) has to be placed as demonstrated on the last picture. But it is too wide and I do not see any improvement of the model by placing it - therefore I will not use it.

Attachments

• IMG_6677.jpg
    IMG_6677.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6712.jpg
    IMG_6712.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6713.jpg
    IMG_6713.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6714.jpg
    IMG_6714.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6715.jpg
    IMG_6715.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6716.jpg
    IMG_6716.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6721.jpg
    IMG_6721.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do it - it's real fun! :) A shame that it flopped so badly. Hopefully we'll get a continuation of the story in the Obi-Wan show.

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
I like Solo story. But No, please no continuation in Obi-Wan show:). I do not like the idea they knew each other before SW4.They did this constantly with characters in old Extended Universe and it always felt cheap and forced to me.

starbuck

Yeah the movie is OK - it is fun, but the story line does not follow the existing books. But never the less worth seeing.

Next parts:
as can bee seen on picture 4 and 5 I had problems to place the parts onto place as they were too large. As I did not find the way to use the whole parts I cut them into size.
Last but one picture shows the final parts. The part no 22 (upper left corner of the picture) has to be placed as demonstrated on the last picture. But it is too wide and I do not see any improvement of the model by placing it - therefore I will not use it.
-----As mostly my mistake - there are parts 19 and 19b - and I mixed them up. - I will leave the existing parts as they are very similar to the correct parts.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like Solo story. But No, please no continuation in Obi-Wan show:). I do not like the idea they knew each other before SW4.They did this constantly with characters in old Extended Universe and it always felt cheap and forced to me.
Obi-Wan won't meet Han (could be a T-shirt slogan ;) ), I'm certain about that, but maybe Qira, Enfys Nest, Maul and the Black Sun will appear. I'll take a look at it when it becomes available on BR or DVD (Di$ney won't make me sign up for their channel though - the Force is too strong with me in that regard!! :D ;) ).

@starbuck , you are doing a great job on the plane. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. :)

starbuck

I think that many fans would like to see Star Wars Movies with Mitth'raw'nuruodo (better known as Thrawn :)). I read the books and they were really great.
Also the X-Wing chronicles would be great to see in movies. But we will see what Disney delviers. But they should stay on realistic scenes. Not like EP8 Leia survives in outer space or the hudge monster in Solo. (not understandable how to survive or how to move in outer space)
Obi-Wan won't meet Han (could be a T-shirt slogan ;) ), I'm certain about that, but maybe Qira, Enfys Nest, Maul and the Black Sun will appear. I'll take a look at it when it becomes available on BR or DVD (Di$ney won't make me sign up for their channel though - the Force is too strong with me in that regard!! :D ;) ).

@starbuck , you are doing a great job on the plane. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. :)
I hope to be able to finalize soon, but at the moment the garden requires much attention and afterwards I am too tired to proceed. Hope to get a rainday ;-))