MECHAS

silveroxide

These are two mechas that I decided to make and to see if I could make them look something else that paper. The first one, is the Mad Dog or the Vulture. It is about 1/100 scale and in some of the photos, you can make out the figures to put it in perspective to the size of it. This one is to be found over at http://beckerindustries.webs.com/papercraft.htm There are no instructions for it but I used a lot of reference materials and modified it heavily from the schematics, ie: the lower legs.

The second one is being constructed from the three view schematics and the upper body is made from a wood cube carved into the shape and then covered with paper templates. The hardest part is almost done and the rest should be rather easy to construct out of laminated card stock.Sany0001.jpg

Sany0002.jpg

Sany0003.jpg

Sany0004.jpg

Sany0005.jpg

SANY0006.JPG

SANY0007.JPG

silveroxide

Thanks for looking in and sorry for the delayed reply. Here is a small update on the Glaug. The legs are next on the list and they are laminated heavily. It will have some articulation to help pose the Mecha and then the legs can then be glued into position.

a001.jpg

a002.jpg

silveroxide

More updates on the Mecha. It is slow going since I am doing two projects simultaneously. So far, I have not run into any serious problems. I am scratch building as I go, so no templates for this except what I am using as reference.

a003.jpg

a004.jpg

a005.jpg

a006.jpg

Attachments

• a007.jpg
    a007.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1

silveroxide

More on the Glaug. The foot pads are wrong but I will continue on with this version. To make the correct ones, is the same procedures. Later on, I may make the corrected ones for it. This is still a Beta project for me.

a008.jpg

a009.jpg

a010.jpg

a011.jpg

a012.jpg

a013.jpg

McTschegsn

Aaaaaaaaah :) Battlemechs... Great stuff to work with :D
I once built Raven Mechs from MechWarrior Online and MechWarrior 4. Playing from time to time and I must admit that I am a Battletech addict on the tabletop ;)