M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

snake7

Thanks Boris!

Front hatch towers assemble. Another thing that i met for first time - fragmented power frame. :rolleyes:

4qdhhw.jpg

bDX4KR.jpg

JDpDJ8.jpg

I glued it first to inner skin, then skin to top and then outer skin.
Also there is another cushion inside + locking mechanism.

nC5HMd.jpg

m6dPRA.jpg

Couple of strips frame edges of hatch

ecUB2z.jpg

Towers connected well to the body, no adjustments needed. :)

hdhfLT.jpg

osPp6i.jpg

XNs3uf.jpg

4CiwMc.jpg

snake7

A little progress
Did the bow machine gun hole that is sealed.
The reason is - on Firefly there was room shortage for all the rounds for bigger gun, so the decided to cancel co-driver's place and put more rounds racks there and of course removed machine gun and sealed the hole.

Also auxiliary antenna mount casting. This was a little hard to assemble, because of complex shape. I did inner part step by step on the armor itself and outer part standalone and then glued it on armor.
I assume here is also a little mistake in design, because i was in need to adjust it in some parts, but maybe it's just me.:)

vM4Lv0.jpg

A3zGRr.jpg

dR9kks.jpg

sx6IAo.jpg

Last edited:

snake7

Thanks Rhaven

Some last bits of internal compartment:
  • 2 air vents, nothing special
  • 2 direct vision slots for driver and co-driver. Those could be popped up from openings outside
  • Big shelf for storing protective driver's hood. This could be attached to the hatch above driver and was made from canvas
  • Internal lights box with switches

CecFO2.jpg

QVMApK.jpg

Pm00w4.jpg

gyzxT8.jpg

m6Jj9M.jpg

Y7p3B2.jpg

8w9DHQ.jpg

That is the end with all internal parts!

Last edited:

snake7

Maintenance hatches covers and one for radiator fan.
Also couple of reinforcement hollow bars to strengthen hull floor

Mo0M8J.jpg

DE3P4M.jpg

Here you can see my method to work with thin frame or ring.
First i cut only inner perimeter and then glued the cover on it. It gives easy holding and adjustments. And then i cut outer perimeter and cover with frame is ready.

VDXJie.jpg

PzQXqL.jpg

Everything glued in place and bottom of a hull is finished.

rTzBlc.jpg

Last edited:

snake7

And here i start another big stage in the model - suspension+wheels+tracks!

Tracks already done and waiting aside, so it's a half of assembling... Actually it's a half of whole model, if you count by parts ;)

I started with drive shaft casing.
Spend 2 evenings to assemble those and in the end they will be all covered with sprockets. Halinski defined next level of "no shortcuts" :D

5lOr8A.jpg

pcEdmB.jpg

ULKG72.jpg

Fenders and casings are attached to their places

Ivi3Ly.jpg

3ueqxO.jpg

ZsLstr.jpg

snake7

Thanks Zathros

For any of you, who wondered what are those ribs on drum casing - those are reinforcing ribs, so the casing won't band under tension power of moving track.
Thanks for this info to fellow comrade on local forum.

And i continue with front sprockets.
Those are with interesting shape and given in two types, as you can see on second photo. So don't do a mistake and cut them all, you need only eight.

MwfsV0.jpg

n3bkAl.jpg

sK4lME.jpg

3JoB1B.jpg

XbBtXC.jpg

OmDhv9.jpg

After assembling them i connected a little chain of tracks to see how it seets on sprocket - looks good.

U8R9Tz.jpg

Dry fitted them in place. Will glue in later stage, when chain will be put on.

Q35J2c.jpg

dnF20g.jpg

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
:bowdown: This is realy next level building. How is it possible to get those pretty cut lines. Everything is crisp and clear.
You are a master builder. thumbsup

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Superb. The tracks section mated to the sprocket assembly was just excellent in fit, and looks, it just can't be done any better. :)

snake7

Next are idlers.
They very similar to roadwheels, just bigger. So now it was "training on cats" and later i'll must to build 14 more.

ToOzoi.jpg

RLMcfq.jpg

All parts are cut

QrOpBg.jpg

And this is a middle stage of assembling, so you will see how i decided to put together parts.
You need to pay attention to the axes. They rolled on different diameter and and intended to different sides - one to idler and other to tension mechanism.
Also disks are a little bit different on both sides of idler and as a result they have different numbering.

au0Ley.jpg

Two idlers are done

tfRAAW.jpg

ZwTUQ4.jpg

Dry fit on to the tension mechanism. Will not glue it in this stage, so i can adjust tracks tension... like on real tank :)

IamvrC.jpg

5zfoKi.jpg

Last edited: