M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Attached breech block and made a recoil guard... this was tough, though looks simple
Complex frame shape that consists of 4 parts and you must align everything
and then attach guards. Pay attention where is the top of firing chamber!
I didn't paint frame cleanly with purpose, so it will blend with overall weathering
Also, i glued together all parts on right side, before putting it on frame

UA7IYi.jpg

d0UFA9.jpg

mtKAQj.jpg

lFqXCc.jpg

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
I see you are on next level of comments :biggrin:

Next is the gun mount.

JLyoux.jpg

fnaVA1.jpg

There was a critical point: does mount base fit into turret opening?
And... it fits perfectly, without single adjustment! Success! :)

yJMMuD.jpg

Also i did a little trick - if you cut out whole base, it will be wobbly and
make hard to glue two half circles inside. So i left one final bar and only after i glued those half circles, i cut it out

Before

f0xVkF.jpg

After

NRTdoG.jpg

Mount rings were enwrapped directly on axels and then altogether glued to mount

6X17zC.jpg

BBaef2.jpg

1Z59ne.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I think "snake7" has found a tank model parts store, that sells stock build photos and 3d prints, or shrink rays the parts. Maybe a "replicator" is used.

Hard work and due dilligence makes people come up with with weird theories. it's hard to believe someone could have that level of commitment and talent., it's just some of these parts look better than they could look in any other medium. I think it's that paper, and careful attention allows for precise representation of the subject. Snake, you have that down! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I think "snake7" has found a tank model parts store, that sells stock build photos and 3d prints, or shrink rays the parts. Maybe a "replicator" is used.

Hard work and due dilligence makes people come up with with weird theories. it's hard to believe someone could have that level of commitment and talent., it's just some of these parts look better than they could look in any other medium. I think it's that paper, and careful attention allows for precise representation of the subject. Snake, you have that down! :)
I know I have said before that this build is "museum" quality. and Snake is indeed a master craftsman.

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Gunner's telescopic sight

yW5Hqe.jpg

JTBx2J.jpg

x2AzUF.jpg

I was confused that sight mount didn't connected properly to base, though I glued base in proper place and mount in proper angle.
It just can not be put in 90 degrees to gun mount.
So, i removed the base, glued mount with sight so it will sit properly and than adjusted the position of the base according to sight mount.
It's not canon, but at least telescopic sight sits at its place and you can turn gun mount from end to end.

8K8be9.jpg

Y86ocJ.jpg

dviVIS.jpg

CXX72R.jpg

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Took some time, but i finished tank gun!

It consists of three main parts: gun rotor shield, gun mantled and gun barrel.

rEBRkM.jpg

Gun rotor shield. Pay attention that side ear must be put on not glued on gun left axis

XDOsQ8.jpg

aBTa1g.jpg

Rf3Yxq.jpg

Gun mantled. Everything glued edge to edge,
but because of double side and main square that holds concave shape,
it was easy to assemble

Gun barrel. It still challenging for me to band long tubes, but the design here is excellent.
You have inner tube, outer one, that supported by cardboard circle and sits on inner tube and muzzle brake,
that needed to be glued very carefully because of gentle parts.

OHTFHW.jpg

FX8FE0.jpg

pKYjjK.jpg

Gun assembled

KGwAeS.jpg

And glued to firing unit... the length is huge!

V3oHPD.jpg

A3NPfN.jpg

dellu1.jpg

I still didn't attached it to turret, because i need every opening possible to glue turret basket in next stage.

Fun fact: wavy camouflage on the barrel was introduced later in Sherman Firefly to confuse enemy tanks and a/t guns, that it is standard Sherman.
This was because Germans first were searching for intimidating Fireflies,
with long barrel, to destroy

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'd be tempted to machine a .22 long range .ca. barrel for it and really give it some shooting power! :)