M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I'm sorry, but I ran out of words to describe this long ago... Absolutely Wonderful build here.

Reactions: snake7

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Added splash guards and armor plates, that protect fuel caps and tool box on the rear

Ff2Mpf.jpg

gM3WGN.jpg

AZdJ1d.jpg

Started with tools - idler adjusting wrench and sledge hammer, with brackets

JUvB35.jpg

TzUIZT.jpg

XLy0ZI.jpg

Hammer handle was made from solder wire of 1mm and tip was smashed to imitate squared ending. This was easy, because solder wire is soft.

HeJkjr.jpg

Put tools with brackets in place

HlHxZ7.jpg

QfCNFr.jpg

XiX5QZ.jpg

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
If I didn't know this was a paper model, I would say not only were your construction skills superb, but your paint work was too. I've been to IPMS Nats where the tanks didn't look that real. Absolutely Top Shelf work here.

Reactions: mijob and snake7

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Geez, even the tools came out perfect. Now you're just showing off!! Fantastically too!! :)

• Haha

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Thank you, thank you :cool:

Was busy lately with building last details for outer armor.

What was left to assemble: fire extinguishers, grouser box covers, rear lifting eyes, tail lights with brush guards, tow cable and front towing hooks

L85XNg.jpg
Mp9bzc.jpg
0xDz4k.jpg

86Inhl.jpg

I usually make tow cable for suitable rope, but saw accessories for this particular model and decide to try it. This is a copper wire that imitates cable and two cable eyes made from resin

yj8WYw.jpg

Fire extinguishers and grouser box covers. Paper mesh imitation was replaced with mosquito mesh

llRx24.jpg

Tail lights with brush guards and lifting eyes

vNSuaj.jpg

Towing cable and front towing hooks. Towing hooks were made from same solder wire.

YHelfZ.jpg

Last step was putting everything in place

OsCaOP.jpg

QH78iU.jpg

NjoLRQ.jpg

Here you can see overall armor details and towing cable placement

chk00f.jpg

Towing cable eye was supposed to connect to front towing hook, but as i decided to make a detachable top, i found a solution to point cable left through lifting eye and top of armor

P8wVpJ.jpg

6cLz9o.jpg

I finished this part of assembling and next and final stage will be assembling of turret. This will be complex and big one :)
Stay tuned!

Last edited:

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
:bowdown::exploding_head:Truly amazing build quality here, and an ingenious solution to the cable problem.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I really expect to see a YouTube video of you having miniaturized yourself, and driving this tank around. :)

• Haha
Reactions: snake7 and mijob