M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

zathros

-----SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR----
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Snake, is this a newer type of the cutter, with ratchet top handle? I have the older type, with thinner non-ratchet handle. It is quite usable but my fingers get tired after 5-6 pieces. How is the type you're using, in terms of comfortably of use?
Good question, I was wondering the same thing! The model number of that Olfa tool would be nice. :)

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Snake, is this a newer type of the cutter, with ratchet top handle? I have the older type, with thinner non-ratchet handle. It is quite usable but my fingers get tired after 5-6 pieces. How is the type you're using, in terms of comfortably of use?
I don't know if it is the newer, because i have it for over 15 years now, but my type is with ratchet handle, yes.
I tried to use it before and was not satisfied with results, but i think you just need to get used to it and find the optimal handling.
Now i used it in this model and it was easier that cutting everything with knife.
But i was in need to add two stripes of isolation band on top and bottom of rail, because main part moved too freely on it.

Zathros, I'm sorry, but i threw away cutter package, so i don't know model number.

Last edited:

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
I prefer to post process and finished details, so you can see the end assembling..
But road wheels take much time to assemble, so i decided to post some pictures before i finish.
As i stated before the key is conveyer assembling
Power structure finished

Outer stripes glued

Inner rings glued

Outer rings assembled and glued

And this is the step I'm working on now. You can see that it will take some more time :)

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

micahrogers

"Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I still think you have that shrink ray there somewhere :cool: Wonderful work being done here.