Looking for a cheap (less then $100 USD) printer

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
As the title says, I am looking to get a cheap printer off amazon. Does anyone have any ideas about the really cheap ones, as to which would be the best of those?
I am gonna be stuck here in San Diego for possibly another 6 months, and Office Depot printing could run me a fortune.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
A little more than a $100 bucks, the "Epson Expression XP-5100 ", wireless, you can print from your phone. The Canon Pixma TS6420 is $100 bucks, but if the ink is expensive, you'll be paying more down the line (I usually check www.inkproducts.com to see if they sell refill cartridge kits, and buy printers based one what I can refill). It's $100 bucks from Canon direct. I tend to stick to Epson because I can hack and fix them, but haven't purchased a printer in a long time, and I only print with printers that use Pigment Ink, which is considered archival and does not run when wet.

I have an Epson XP-320, which I got on sale for $49 bucks, it's wireless and even has a scanner. It was a 1 day sale at Walmart. It's been a good printer, but that was over a year ago. Cartridges are easy to refill with the kit, so it has been cheap to run. Good luck. :)