like tears in the rain....

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
hey guys
just thought id post my latest build (ill try and get some better pics when i have time) while im gearing up for the falcon :)eek:) - the awesome 'Spinner' from Bladerunner, the iconic flying police car seen throughout the original movie. This is one of those kits ive been after building for many years, currently costing around £90 + lighting kit when i saw this one i had to give it a crack.
I made a few minor errors which involved reprinting a cpl parts, namely the windows (that did not want to stick in place) and the only fit issue was the rear assembly (wheels/chassis/bumper) which is a very snug fit (but that may be down to my lack of folding skills. The lights were changed for some sections of glue stick coloured with sharpie.20230929_161502.jpg20230929_161644.jpg I did my own base to show the flying mode as the clear acetate one you can print did not want to cooperate. I found a sample of the tiles seen in Deckards building to use that as the base, then printed a cpl badges/logos to mount onto foam board and grey board. I liked the look of the black foam board as it looks (to me lol) like slate. Anyway here it is - the Spinner from Bladerunner
'.....Its too bad she wont live....but then again, who does?....' Gaff, Bladerunner

20230929_161412.jpg20230929_161421.jpg

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Nice work you have done on this model. That interior is loking realy cool. And everything looks crisp and clear.
:toast:

• Love
Reactions: seraphim

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Great Job! :bowdown:
The Fujimi plastic kit is available on Amazon for $54 USD
Link here

I've seen an Aoshima kit at the local HobbyTown USA, it's a better kit but almost twice as much.

• Love

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Great Job! :bowdown:
The Fujimi plastic kit is available on Amazon for $54 USD
Link here

I've seen an Aoshima kit at the local HobbyTown USA, it's a better kit but almost twice as much.
yep those are the ones im talking about - unfortunately my organs are not acceptable currency here in the UK lol, but i must say this kit is a great stand in, its quite detailed and large enough too :)

• Love
Reactions: micahrogers

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Wonderful build. You don't need a plastic model of the subject. You could never have the tactile knowledge of the subject after forming all the panels from flat stock. That's something that plastic cannot give. :)

• Love
Reactions: mijob and seraphim

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Wonderful build. You don't need a plastic model of the subject. You could never have the tactile knowledge of the subject after forming all the panels from flat stock. That's something that plastic cannot give. :)
thankyou - i must admit that there is a certain higher satisfaction upon completing a card build to a standard that others compliment. it seems to be a more technical type of construction than plastic/resin kits, and the detail work in design is awesome

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
Fantastic job on this model! You’re giving me inspiration to finish the build I started years ago, I hope mine comes out as good as yours!!

• Love

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Fantastic job on this model! You’re giving me inspiration to finish the build I started years ago, I hope mine comes out as good as yours!!
thankyou - to give someone inspiration is awesome, a serious compliment - im glad you like it and i have a feeling yours will come out great :cool: - i look forward to seeing the finished article!