Launch when ready!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Attention to all hands - Rigel has just left the hairdresser's! She's proceeding to the bridge (rumours has it she is taking a detour to the restrooms first - but that's just a rumour ;)).

Reactions: starbuck

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Attention, Rigel is taking up her headset! Time for a last systems check!

Install the cannons! Make sure that the angle is correct!

DSCF6337.jpg

Fix the side plates! There is no time to unscrew them, just glue the correct version over!

DSCF6326.jpg

DSCF6328.jpg

DSCF6352.JPG

DSCF6353.JPG

Attach the wings permanently! Fasten all bolts! Use some glue on the edges, put the plane up and let it cure!

DSCF6346.jpg

Guys, what's the status on the bridge?

CG2rxh9W8AASO5I.jpg

- Rigel is cleaning her desk. I think we may have a launch any Centon! Stand by!

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden

Nooo, no, no, no. no. nein.gif

It's ....

808022-bigthumbnail.jpg

Transferring controls to Viper fighters.

DSCF6359.jpg

Acknowledged. All systems ready and functioning.

DSCF6360.jpg

Hey, there is no pilot in there!

DSCF6363.jpg

Someone get the ladder!

DSCF6365.jpg

Oh no, the ladder's not ready yet! Alert @Rhaven Blaack immediately!

DSCF6366.jpg

So what about the pilot?

DSCF6368.jpg

Never mind. CORA will do the job just fine.

DSCF6371.jpg

Alright then..!

DSCF6372.jpg

DSCF6374.jpg

4380e9e4ecd4001d8bb76e5417336099.jpg

:Grin:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Wonderfull. :Bravo:

Who should I kill to get this beauty?
Actually, you do not have to kill anyone. After I do the beta build (to make certain that there is nothing that Revell-Fan forgot), it will be available for free! You just have to wait a little bit longer.

starbuck

Aug 15, 2013
Austria - Carinthia
  • Haha
Reactions: Revell-Fan

starbuck

Aug 15, 2013
Austria - Carinthia
....and one serious question: Maybe I missed it. What is the size of the model compared to the Viper Mark II of Uhu02? Because I have already built the model - would be great if the two would fit together.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hi fans,

first of all, thank you very much for your comments.

Fully agree!!!

Good try, really good try! ;) :)

....and one serious question: Maybe I missed it. What is the size of the model compared to the Viper Mark II of Uhu02? Because I have already built the model - would be great if the two would fit together.
As to my understanding, this is 1:48 scale version. But other bigger versions will follow.
Exactly. UHU's Viper is about 1:48 ~ 1:50, so both should look fine next to each other. Since the original miniature was 1:24 you can say that this model is 1/2 studio scale.

The next most important step is: Correcting the lines. Even though assembly was pretty straight-forward and the model certainly looks like the Viper it does have some severe texture issues. These have to be corrected first before any other version can be tackled. Many panels on the sides are too far away from the cockpit and must be pushed closer toward it. Then there are two lines directly below the cockpit which do not go straight down. Third, there are a few panels which are missing and which must be added (especially on the bottom). So expect the Beta build (by Rhaven) to look even better. That was the main reason why I went with the smaller scale first. It doesn't eat up too many pages and you can see any errors better. Just imagine I had started with the 1:18 first and something had gone wrong - lots of pages would have been printed in vain and the build process would have taken much longer since there were more parts.

This 1:48 version was designed for simplicity if someone wants to scale the pattern down even further, to 1:72 maybe. That was the reason why I did not spend too much time with greebling out the ship and why it features a one-part straight nose and one-part straight intakes. The 1:32 will feature more detailed parts such as a three-part nose and three-part intakes with a slight curvature and an internal skeleton. Basically this 1:32 will be the basis for the ultimate big one in action figure scale.

I'll be staying with the 1:48 scale till all variants have been completed, the 2-seater and the Crimson Viper.

So much for the plans. I'm now preparing another round of pictures - stay tunned! ;)

Last edited: