Launch when ready!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
INDEED! Big thumbs up and my most sincere thanks to all who helped solve the mystery.

The Viper and the Raider are asymmetrical. That is reflected by the texture. To bring more variety into the model I coloured several panels in a different shade of grey. I may release a fully clean Viper, too, for those who want to weather their model differently.

13.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
INDEED! But isn't it nice to point out to everyone where the keys are? Colonials must be very trustworthy people... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Chris Pappas (!) has just chimed in on FB and solved the mystery once and for all. A colour close-up proves the text says "ARMAMENT SAFETY KEY". I have revised the pattern accordingly. It is astounding that no-one has noticed that decal before. ;)

I'm adding the final numbers and finishing the instructions. Rhaven pointed out that my calculations were flawed because I omitted the wheels for the second aft landing gear. So the parts count magically rose by 10. :hammerhead:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
OK, back to topic.

The small version will feature simplified Y-piece detail. I copied the detailed Y-piece I made for the larger version and turned the single tubes into one piece:

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The tubes will be represented by the texture (part 16):

15.jpg

The landing gear will be a first for me. Since the landing gear doors do not allow being cut out like on the Thunderfighter because they are too close to the engines I'm using another solution here. It will be a contruction using slits and notches. The alpha test will show if the theory works. Stay tuned! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I knew you would say that! :D

The side walls of the cockpit tub:

DSCF5949.jpg

and the bottom:

DSCF5950.jpg

DSCF5951.jpg

Attaching the sides is a bit tricky at this scale but it can be done.

DSCF5952.jpg

The dot thingies are no dead flies but the cockpit instruments printed at 1/48 scale. ;)

DSCF5953.jpg

DSCF5954.jpg

DSCF5955.jpg

DSCF5956.jpg

DSCF5957.jpg

DSCF5958.jpg

Seat installed:

DSCF5959.jpg

DSCF5960.jpg

Last edited: