Latest scratchbuild

shamus

Registered Member
Been busy scratchbuilding this Donkey engine and flatcar. Just about to be delivered to Cooncreek lumber Co.
Shamus

Attachments

• df.jpg
    df.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 261

CN1

wow.jpg

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Sweet...
Those are some interesting tie down points, on the corners of the flat. What were they?

If the guy in the foreground, leaning on the stick is waiting for something,....The locomotive is what I think it is,.....and your workbench is on the second floor,..we have a song.....
the "waiter", and the "porter", and the " upstairs made"

shamus

Registered Member
Hi gang and many thanks to all.

Originally posted by sumpter250
Sweet...
Those are some interesting tie down points, on the corners of the flat. What were they?

Those are screw (Jacks) turnbolts, you place a screwdriver (Or something) in it and tighten up the ropes. (LOL, no -- they don't work)
Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Thank you all for your kind remarks.
No, the gears don't work (Sad really) :D

Originally posted by Casey Feedwater
Excellent work and detailing, Paul.:thumb: How long did it take you to fabricate the boiler and gearing?

Hi Mike,
I turned the boiler on a lathe out of solid brass, and made rivet detail using a centrepop and small hammer. (Took ages) As for the gears, they came out of a large clock (Wind-up type) that didn't seem to want to go any more LOL.
All in all, it took me around 10 days to make it.
Cheers
Shamus

RailRon

Paul, this modeling time was very well invested!

Quite a change to see a clean, freshly outshopped donkey engine. Your LPBs can be mighty proud to have such modern machinery to work with!

A fine idea to tie down the donkey on this flat car. Looks great!

Ron

spitfire

Paul, you've done it again! That is one fantastic scratchbuild! I really like those turnbuckles.

Val