Large Emperor Moth 1/1 scale

eatcrow2

Here's the second model released in the ABC insect series of five models.. Designed by Michal Dudas..

Base filled with sand for weight, with assorted ground cover from bits of this and that.. Several light coats of Future sprayed over the model to seal in touch-up colors, and to give less of a dead flat look..

162036018.jpg

162036016.jpg

162036011.jpg

162036005.jpg

Wow! That is really impressive Pete. An impressive model, and the groundwork really sets it off well. Is that a wooden fine art base or an equally well made paper relica?
Regards,
Don

Fishcarver

Now, that is COOL!

Would make a nice prey subject for a carved bird, such as a Kestrel (Sparrow Hawk).

Where is this kit available?
Jim

eatcrow2

@Wow! That is really impressive Pete. An impressive model, and the groundwork really sets it off well. Is that a wooden fine art base or an equally well made paper relica?
Regards,
Don

Don... Thanks for the comments. The base is paper, and comes with the model..

@Now, that is COOL!

Would make a nice prey subject for a carved bird, such as a Kestrel (Sparrow Hawk).

Where is this kit available?
Jim

Thanks Jim.. No kit available, as the model is part of my ABC magazine subscription.

Peter

J

Jim Nunn

Hi peter,

I clicked on the heading for the “new post” with out looking at who had posted. Looked the model and thought Peter should see this. Then I saw the base and my next thought was the only guy I know that makes bases this good IS Peter THEN I looked at the poster and said to my self I should have known.

I miss seeing your wonderful models in person maybe Orangecon this year?

Jim Nunn

Amazyah

How does one get a subscription to ABC magazine?

Oh yeah, Great job on the Moth and the stand! It looks so real!

Russell

Bowdenja

Yeah! I would like to build these big bugs. As long as there ain't no roaches.

I CAN NOT STAND ROACHES!

But I liked the moth and the beatle!

john

Amazyah

I could swear that the roach is one of the five John!

I could be thinking of something else though, but.....

Russell

eatcrow2

Jim Nunn said:
Hi peter,

I clicked on the heading for the “new post” with out looking at who had posted. Looked the model and thought Peter should see this. Then I saw the base and my next thought was the only guy I know that makes bases this good IS Peter THEN I looked at the poster and said to my self I should have known.

I miss seeing your wonderful models in person maybe Orangecon this year?

Jim Nunn

Hello Jim..

Thanks to you and others for the comments... Not sure about OrangeCon..

Peter