Landmaster; Damnation Alley

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFrost

woooooohooooo!! been dreaming about this one !! great start :0

oh and they have a tri wheel setup on sketchup when i thought of trying this i found it there , but way beyond me

trt

Been to Istabul for the week and now I've got caught up on the washing, I can get back to building. (Ignore the colour, all the printers in the house have stopped working at the same time :confused:. Will sort later)

Prototype done with flat wheels, but ultimately still want to balloon the tyre walls. Work on this later, but left enough room in side the outriggers to get wider tyres.

Attachments

• P1010902.jpg
    P1010902.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 50
Z

Zathros

Those wheel assemblies look, absolutely excellent. Don't worry about the tires. It will be easy to add strip[ to them and give them whatever texture you wish. Excellent! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The tire assembly looks really good. You are doing an EXCELLENT job on this.

trt

Very rough build using old bits, but as you can see there is progress.

Slight problem is that the wheel assemble is slighlty too big. It's hitting the top of the arch and won't spin in the outriggers. Need to reduce the wheels a touch, as well as tri-star 'axles' mounting. I suppose it's the problem with doing it manually, rather than using computer programmes.

Still I'm happy with the progress, just wish I had more time to doing thing quicker. Having said that it still very enjoyable. Really glad I found this site :)

Attachments

• P1010908.jpg
    P1010908.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 59
Z

Zathros

If there is anyway I can help you, by going over your drawings and just lining things up through my CAD program (Rhino3D 4.0), I would be more than happy to and I am not looking for any credit. I never do. It looks great!! :)

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
This vehicle was one of my favorites when the movie first came out. Thank you so much for designing this, can't wait until it's done! Looking GREAT!

Best Regards,

trt

Thanks for kind comments from everyone. :mrgreen:

Hi Zathos, I will try tweaking first. I'm getting use to it now, but will certainly take you up on your offer of help, when and if it becomes difficult. I'm not worries about you taking credit, we are all in this together. :thumb:

Sometimes just leaving it for a bit helps.

Z

Zathros

Thanks for kind comments from everyone. :mrgreen:

Hi Zathos, I will try tweaking first. I'm getting use to it now, but will certainly take you up on your offer of help, when and if it becomes difficult. I'm not worries about you taking credit, we are all in this together. :thumb:

Sometimes just leaving it for a bit helps.

Well, I think it looks excellent! I don't think you will need anything from me. :)

trt

Got it :mrgreen:. Seems to fit on rough build.

Reduced wheels and tri-axle by 5%. MS paint is a pain as it distorts while reducing, but did a bit of tweaking (my favourite word). Also the prints are all working again :confused:

Attachments

• P1010912.jpg
    P1010912.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 27
Z

Zathros

That looks really good. You could use a piece of latex for the center pivot. This is going to be a landmark model! A lot of people are going to want this. :)

trt

Not much built time over the past few weeks, so time to show a bit of progress. Been working on the vent on the side and I must admit to finding it some what difficult. It's all intersecting curves. Took a few goes to get it somewhere near. (I used too much glue and the card got wet which is why it doesn't look good)

Attachments

• P1010913.jpg
    P1010913.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010918.jpg
    P1010918.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010919.jpg
    P1010919.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.