Klingon Vor´cha Build

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
I'm thinking of a bright green like in the episodes where Worf is fighting on the side of the KDF with his brother. but i still like my idea of grey with green energy emitters.

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Small update from last night, did some work in the rear and under detailing.

Had some difficulty with the square box, my card stock was a bit high so the it didn't fit Bd I had to do some work to make the opening larger.

Question: what did you use to color the cutting edges? looks like a pen?

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
As i started i also used pens, but the color (until it is now a black line) never fit to the surface! then i saw that people using wet colors!
I used a school paintbox with 24 colors and if the color not match, then you can mix with others!
I know that some people are using aquarell watercolor paint, but they are very expensive!
Maybe you will try it for the Disruptor modul?

AdmiralGR

As i started i also used pens, but the color (until it is now a black line) never fit to the surface! then i saw that people using wet colors!
I used a school paintbox with 24 colors and if the color not match, then you can mix with others!
I know that some people are using aquarell watercolor paint, but they are very expensive!

I might try that. I'm sure the kids have a set!

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member

I have always used colored pencils but am willing to learn a new thing.

What are these?

Also, where can this weathered paint version be found? I like the DS-9 version as much as the Next Gen you originally did.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@THE DC I use tempera watercolour paints for painting the edges of the parts. You can find them at your local hobby and craft store. They mix very well together for matching the right colours that I need. I also use a very fine brush as well.
6db44b2a-e9bf-451e-8533-ee69a513e46e.19ae0516b9f24d6ff52288725047321c.jpeg

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
I have noticed that some people use black or grey pencils and that at least covers the white paper edge. watercolor pens seem popular.
[ I myself don't use them as I am mostly building tests for modifications. If I were building a show piece I would most definitely buy an extensive set of prismacolor pencils to match with.]

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I've never tried water colors because I had assumed there would be bleed, like when you use markers.

I'll have to give them a try.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If I paint the edges and can't find a matching pen I prefer water colours. The trick is not to apply it too wet and only on the edges. The best way to do so is to dry-brush the egdes. That gives you full control of the tone. Load the brush and then "scrape" the colour off onto the edges. You may even dab the paint on. Do whatever works best for you. :)