Jumping right in

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
In Febuary 1996 Model railroader had an article on kitbashing a HO MDC shay into a Climax .It was a climax with the cylinders at a 45° angle ,not the 'a" class

Has anybody ever done or attempted this ?I know Bachman are bringing out a HO climax later this year but i would be interested in hearing about this project as i might be able to get my hands on a old MDC shay kit that i could give it a try.

Cheers

Ianjavascript:smilie(':D')
big grin

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
G'day Cam, MDC makes a Climax now, and it's a lot less expensive than the shay. You can get the Climax and kit bash it into a good Climax :D :D :D I haven't done this, but Shamus has, and since we can get them for $20, I will be soon!

Arrrrr Vikings love logging

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by camelot
In Febuary 1996 Model railroader had an article on kitbashing a HO MDC shay into a Climax .It was a climax with the cylinders at a 45° angle ,not the 'a" class

Has anybody ever done or attempted this ?I know Bachman are bringing out a HO climax later this year but i would be interested in hearing about this project as i might be able to get my hands on a old MDC shay kit that i could give it a try.

Cheers

Ianjavascript:smilie(':D')
big grin

Hi, I remeber that conversion, do you still have the Mag, might try that myself.
Bachmann are bringing one out this year, don't know how much it will be, but worth the wait
Shamus
wink.gif

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
MDC do a class "A" climax and from memory Badger creek's is also Class A.
The one that was in the MR mag was simialr to a MDC shay except it has 2 cylinders pumping at a forward angle each side of the body.I have attached a copy of the front page to that artcile , hope it comes out ok.

I don't have a scanner so have used my Digital camera.

Cheers

Ian:cool:

Attachments

• climax.jpg
    climax.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 100

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ian, any chance of posting the article on the Kitbash from Shay to Climax, I would love to see and read the article. Or if anyone has this magazine for sale, let me know.
Thanks
Shamus
wink.gif

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Hi Shamas , yes i can , i don't have a scanner but i have taken a picture of the front page its about 600k but it comes out very good , if you send me your email address i will email you it for you to view.

If it is OK and you can print it out then i can send the rest.

Otherwise i might be able to get a friend to scan them for me.

Let me know

Cheers

Ian:)