jbaakko's, Spring 07 scratchbuilt challenge

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Great work Josh...!! That's an awesome structure, alright...Just one thing bugs me....Why different colors from the prototype..?? I mean...it's the spittin' image of the real thing...!!! Don't mean to criticize (sp??), it really is great...!! Just wonderin... :???:

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
that is one cool tower! when will we see some pics of it on the layout?--josh
2 years, or so? When I get a house to build in, lol. I know, I'm weird!

Great work Josh...!! That's an awesome structure, alright...Just one thing bugs me....Why different colors from the prototype..?? I mean...it's the spittin' image of the real thing...!!! Don't mean to criticize (sp??), it really is great...!! Just wonderin... :???:
Actually... The tower IS blue again. At some time around the late 80's early 90's Santa Fe painted it all gray, albeit 2 tone, somewhere in the Late 90's early 00's BNSF (when replacing the Santa Fe text with the BNSF logo) repainted it back to blue. Its blue now, though I'm not completely sure if the Swoosh is there yet.

Oh as a side note, I model always modern, so this guy, along with everything else will chance with time.

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
Ah, Eddie, a fellow BNSF fan & modeler (just as nuts, if not more then me with BNSF locomotives) posted this pic for me...
BarstowTower.jpg

Just hope he doesn't mind me using it... I'll remove it if he disproves.