January photo contest, let's see your consists

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hey, a new year, and we're going to try to think of some new photo contests this year rather than do the same old ones. Well, maybe we'll do some new ones and a few old ones just for old times sake and the fact that we like some of the old contests anyway.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For January, we're going to do something we all like to show, consists. Let's take a photo of a consist on your layout, your club's layout, your friends layout, a diorama or even the real world. Maybe it's one that's being made up in a yard, one heading up a mountain pass or even pulling into a passenger station. Try to think of something unique about your consist, maybe location, maybe loads, maybe it's, well, who knows.:wave:

The meager rules are:announce1
  • The photo must have been taken by the one that enters it
  • The photo must be of an engine pulling a consist of cars, any kind of cars, anywhere.
  • You may use photo editing tools only to do minor adjustments for things like contrast and you can add smoke and/or steam if appropriate
  • One entry per person, additional pictures will be deleted
  • The picture can be from any layout or diorama or the real world.
  • All other general photo contest rules apply.
  • This contest will close early in the morning on Feb. 1st.
  • As usual, no prizes will be awarded except the pride in knowing you entered the contest and that's worth a lot.
    biggrin.gif
Good luck :thumb:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Darnit all. Clicked the wrong button. Let's try that again with the photo this time!

Attachments

• Rio Grande lighter.jpg
    Rio Grande lighter.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 665

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
JS love the NS! Those rock man! I plan on making my own c9-40w primer as soon as i can find one of them nifty athearn blue box non-powereds that have seemingly gone extinct in this area. I knew they were thinnin out but man, they are gone at all the lhs! Great job JS and everyone else!

jspinner

Jan 13, 2003
Visit site
NSES44DC said:
JS love the NS! Those rock man! I plan on making my own c9-40w primer as soon as i can find one of them nifty athearn blue box non-powereds that have seemingly gone extinct in this area. I knew they were thinnin out but man, they are gone at all the lhs! Great job JS and everyone else!

NSES44DC glad you the AC4400s in NS, good luck in finding Athearn blue box c9-40w. After you get it painted, let see some pictures.

jspinner

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
shaygetz said:
A consist is the basic train itself...locomotive(s) and cars, be it freight or passenger:thumb:
You can also go with the Digitrax definition. From "The Digitrax Big Book of DCC" on page 103, top left corner, a consist is "...more than one locomotive used to pull a train."

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
TrainNut said:
You can also go with the Digitrax definition. From "The Digitrax Big Book of DCC" on page 103, top left corner, a consist is "...more than one locomotive used to pull a train."
That may be their definition, but I think the universally acceptable definition would be more than one engine by themselves, or one or more engines pulling cars. Now if some old-time railroad worker would come forth and define it in terms that they're use to then we might get the true meaning of the word.

BTW, I did Google "railroad consists" and got the definition from Wikipedia:

In American railway terminology, a consist is used to describe the group of rail vehicles which make up a train.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Looks like I'm going to have to dig through the seconds pile to find something for this contest...

CN5767GalesburgIL7-15-06.jpg

Grab shot from the Jeep in Galesburg, Illinois back on July 15, 2006. I never thought I'd actually show anybody this photo though!

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Building a consist in the back lot...

Building a consist in the afternoon sun...drag out these two RailBox 50 footers, grab those empty coal in the siding...using an EMD Demo #7 GP60 to MU-up to Southern Pacific's GP60 #9735 just out of the shot.

Attachments

• PB110122.JPG
    PB110122.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 398
Status
Not open for further replies.