January 04 Photo Contest - Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Okay, this month will be a "Model" either scratchbuilt or kitbashed or just plain out of the box as new. Its your model, you show. Contest will be judged on the setting the model was photographed in as well as the model itself.
So even if you haven't got a layout yet, just make a small diorama to photograph it on.

Usual rules apply, no questions in this thread, start a new thread for questions.

Shamus

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Combine

This was the last Traction motor scratch built I manage to "do" in 2003.
Here you see Her coming back to the shops after a grueling test run.:)
She did have to have some alterations to Her radius turn ability!
She is good to go now:thumb: :p :wave:

Attachments

• test 1.jpg
    test 1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 553
flyin 'cross the desert

in some alternate dimension, the Union Pacific is still running passenger trains. here is a shot of their first F59PHI, number 900, as it leads a train of UP superliners across the Arizona desert, heading from Tucson to Yuma AZ.

up%20f59phi%20900%202.JPG

already there are 2 excellent models, i dont think i stand a chance as usual :D :D :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Wow! Lots of great entries so far! What a time for me to finally enter one of these contests! Well, here goes nothing:

Attachments

• chevron-30.jpg
    chevron-30.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 476
F

Fred_M

Tichy train ore car being pulled by a new geep in downtown Makayla. DASH

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 406

bpate

Mar 14, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Britannia Creek Work Train

Hello fellas,

I have been busy over at the Railroad Line forum but have finished my first major project, with lots of advice and encouragement from Casey and the crew of RR-L so may I show off what I have completed?

Attachments

• worktraincomplete4a_border640.jpg
    worktraincomplete4a_border640.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 343

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
LPB Reprocessing Factory

As the name implies, this factory is for reprocessing my LPBs. You may notice the driver is headless. This renders even the most unruley LPB harmless and all out loyal to his owner. Yup, just snip off their heads and they are on your side. They might not look very prototypical, but you can get real work done. Anyway, this building is for chemically stripping off the LPB's clothes, then they get loaded in the gondo and taken to the other side of the layout, where they are shredded to be molded into accessories at a later date. They may end up as an animal, a wagon, or an outhouse. Who knows?

Yep, those are my meds in the background :D :D :D

Attachments

• entry.jpg
    entry.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.