IX. Paper Model show in the Martin (Slovakia)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
WOW! Thank you for sharing this with us!
I wish that I could have been there!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome, I so wish we had something like this where I live. The Hobby shops hate paper modeling where I live, they view it as stealing sales of their product. Dumb view, as they could sell all the raw materials, which usually just sit their.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome, I so wish we had something like this where I live. The Hobby shops hate paper modeling where I live, they view it as stealing sales of their product. Dumb view, as they could sell all the raw materials, which usually just sit their.
Too right you are! I have thought about opening a hobby shop (if I ever win the lottery or am able to get a business loan for such), and feature paper models (even going as far as importing some from Eastern Europe). Then again plastic models in Europe are not that common. They are marketed to the American Expats and tourists.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aweseome pictures, as always! Thank you very much for posting them. thumbsup

BTW, your tag should be changed from "Member" to "Zealot convention reporter" or such. ;)

mikezax

Thanx, I'm glad you liked the photos :)
...in our country it is too worse, older modellers still stick, but young ones are not coming ...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Too right you are! I have thought about opening a hobby shop (if I ever win the lottery or am able to get a business loan for such), and feature paper models (even going as far as importing some from Eastern Europe). Then again plastic models in Europe are not that common. They are marketed to the American Expats and tourists.

I didn't know that (about the plastic models), they are better off without them, judging from the ingenuity shown. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I agree with all the above .. I love the pictures.. in the ones posted there is an old truck in the picture right below the close-up of the Church..looks like and old wagon..with rounded roof... I think it is an
Nesselsdorfer Wagenbau "NW"... the company now goes by the name TATRA! I believe I have or at least seen this model, but the builder really added his / her own special touches to it! Plus it is one of those really obscure models that I love so much! There is so much more in this hobby than just gluing some card together if you let it.. it is HISTORY in the making and a world of knowledge in the doing! ThankYou!!!! Zealot's Official Convention Reporter! ie: mikezax

Here in my area.. scratch that, there is not a hobby shop for at least 100 miles and they are mostly RC stuff...the next 300+... online IS my ONLY true source!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Thanx, I'm glad you liked the photos :)
...in our country it is too worse, older modellers still stick, but young ones are not coming ...

There seems to be disconnect between what is real, and the virtual with many young people. Lose power for a week, with no laptop or P.C., and they get bored and don't know what to do with themselves. Sad, wait till they get a car, and try to hold onto it, and can't even change the spark plugs! Money Money Money Money!!

mikezax

to Gandolf50
the model is the Tatra 1898, published in the ABC magazine (1981-1982), the author is Richard Vyškovský ;)

to zathros
I also returned to gluing after a 15-year break;)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
to Gandolf50
the model is the Tatra 1898, published in the ABC magazine (1981-1982), the author is Richard Vyškovský ;)

ahhh! I was right "sort-of"!! it just wasn't really a TATRA as the company had not changed its name for quite some time yet.. in 1919 but we got it right..and it was actually the first truck version built in Kopřivnice in 1898 ..maybe he modeled it after the replica since it is a beautiful truck!

Now to try and get a copy of ABC .. actually..the thing is so simple in design .. I'll draw up a version.. just have to research the 2 liquid-cooled side-by-side-mounted two-cylinder Benz engines each at 2.7 L ... hmmm!
Thanks MIKE!!!