Its FRIDAY 4-15-05, weekend modeling plans!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Well I guess I've got first kick at the can today.
I spent most of my spare time this past week building the roadbed for my short narrow gauge line.
This weekend will have me doing:
Finally finishing off the warehousew building. All it needs are the wall caps ans sign (might not get the sign done)
Re-decorating a boxcar for my MR club.
laying the last 1 1/2' of standard guage track onto the logging section
working on my scenery elevations for the narrow guage section.
Run a train
scratch build a tunnel portal

Oh yeah and I've got to:
Mow the lawn
wash the car
buy insurance for the summer car
return some auto ramps to my in-laws

Could I buy another day?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend will be nuts! My daughter has a softball game on Saturday. My son has a game on Sunday. From this Saturday to the following Monday we will be living at the ball fields. Between games (daughter has 4, son has 3), practices (daughter 1 so far, son don’t know) we have only Monday and Friday of next week off in the next 10 days. I am not sure what chores and honey dos are waiting for me around the house this weekend.

If I can I would like to get the road built for the Passenger Station Diorama. If I have a chance I would also like to begin laying the tracks for the trolley line. Since the last piece of the old RLK&T layout was removed last night I would like to continue on working on laying temporary track on the new version on of the layout.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I am going to operate on a line tonight that recreates part of the Esquimault & Nanimo RR on Vancouver Island. :)

Saturday and Sunday are probably reserved for bathroom renovations.... :(

Andrew

I have some interesting Tichy boxcar kits that I'm working on. They have a kit of a 'rebuid' that's totally unique. It's a boxcar that has been rebuilt from a wooden car and has had steel sheathing, updated brake equipment, and other newer details added. It's a great model of a recycled car and it comes with a couple of types of doors to suit your road's taste. The other is the Tichy outside braced wood boxcar that I'm going to update with a few modern appliance details. These will be for my other homeroad, the Camden Terminal Company, and I've been wrestling around with a paint and lettering color scheme. Since I'm making my own decals, white lettering is out of the question. That kinda limits me to yellow or black lettering and I'm thinking over the color combinations. Well, I'll figure it out. Have a good one, everybody! :wave:

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
I'm kind of up the air about what to do?
I ran trains today already but I don't know if I want to build something or just run trains. Got the majority of the yard work done during the week, that's what's nice about working nights. I'll decide later. Do want to go to the LHS this weekend, plus FleaMarkets are happening, may find some train bargains. I got a load of engines from Trainworld today so I have to break them in, love their blowout sales. Maybe it's time to assess the rolling stock and thin it out a bit of items I bought that don't fit my era anymore, the attics a little warmer now. We'll just have to see!!!

Run trains!--
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!--
wave.gif

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
No modleing for me this weekend, I will be recouperating from a week of kids driving my nuts`o.. realy I had a ball, and so did they, they go home sunday? I think, the kids want to stay a day or two longer, awaiting the desision from there mum and dad... have a good one.. steve

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
The L&N Depot and Museum in Milton, Florida, April 16 from 10-4. Little bit of a trip for an Australian but more reasonable for someone from Olive Branch, Mississippi ;) :thumb:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well this weekend will not envolve any trains at all. My brother and sister in law took one of my brothers buddies wife down to Mississippi so she could see him and i have the kids to watch. I watched them yesterday and today i have a sub sale and when i get home i will probably build one of the WWII planes i bought this week. Sunday is time for me to rest up and get my energy back.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

toolman

Mar 23, 2005
east brunswick nj
:( I have to work both on sat. and sunday, and try to get in some yard work. If time permits and not :sleeping:, continue working how my track ballast will look, making different combinations of black, dark brown, gray,etc, then look and stare and think will look at different parts of my layout.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
hey there shay; have you heard of astro planning, well I have friends in the us now. and if the swap-meet was near them I would simply ask them if they were going, and if they were I would let them no what I was looking for and walahh, theres more than one way to skin a cat, or get train stuff, But then again m8 you never no what a crazy ozie will do for trains....have a good one..steve