INTRODUCTION POST

Andy K

Hi, I am a keen modeller in Australia. I loved technical drawing in high school (back in the day when it was a thing) and I won a competition in with a paper and polystyrene model of a mine that took me on a trip to mines and a lovely tropical island. I love playing, painting, modding models and making terrain for Warhammer 40K and this is where my primary interest lies in Zealot. I also like 3D modelling and will be using these resources for education (STEM) in school... Thank you all for your awesome work! I love what you can do with paper.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot, Andy! :)

Wow! That's a nice introduction, thank you. We have many WH40K fans and a lot of fantastic build threads on WarHammer models here. I'm curious, what was that model you mentioned? If you have any pictures of your previous work, please feel free to post them here.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Marcell

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Andy,

Welcome to Zealot! You haven indeed come tot he right place for all things paper/cardstock (as well as other mediums). As my esteemed colleague mentioned, there are indeed many members who are fans of WH40K. So, I hope that they will be able to answer any questions that you may have.

By all means, please post any photos of the previous models that you have built. We love seeing photos.thumbsup

If you have any questions, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to help and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here! I look forward to seeing your work.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Great to have you aboard Andy. Introductions let everyone kow you're here, and give a chance to us to see what you have posted. Feel free to post any works you have made or anything you have in this thread. Welcome too Zealot. :)

Andy K

It was the BHP Colliery Competition in the 90's. West Cliff coal mine, not owned by BHP, but I used two photos, did the trigonometry to make a plan, and then made the model. I forget the scale, it was probably 1:1000 to 1:2000 scale.

dr_tetrode

Andy, Welcome, this is the place to have fun!

I have been working on a Valkyrie for about a year now, off and on, and I find it fun and relaxing. My build is here: https://www.zealot.com/threads/dr-tetrodes-valkyrie-build.180705/ Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Check out Armorman's thread, he has a host of W40K models. Link: https://www.zealot.com/threads/armormans-warhammer-40k-models-thread.170912/ , note that the early models and links do not work, but, if you start at the end and work towards the beginning, you will find many models to build.

Check out the work by Sudsy, here on Zealot, too.

Scott

Last edited:

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Welcome and Good onya! I think Armorman has some good Warhammer stuff here. I hope you enjoy all the tutorials on building and tips.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant

Andy K

I'm pretty sure I will, and so will my kids. They will love building these. Thank you so much and sssh, just tell your quiet friends!