Increasing size of model printout

Namrepus221

Dec 4, 2010
I'm wondering if it's possile to increase the size of a papercraft model by printing it out on multiple sheets of paper.

I have a few models that I would like to give a "Super sized" treatment to. But I dont' know how to do them. I would take them to Staples and have them print out the PDF's on larger paper, but since they are scans from a book from japan, they wont' do it on copyright grounds

Is there a way to print out a picture or a PDF so instead of it being 1 piece of paper it's spread out over 4 pieces to make one big sheet?

(Excuse the horrible ASCII) Like this example:

[X] <- regular size

[\][/]
[/][\] <- What I want to do.

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
If I get that ASCII correct, try the Rasterbator, available here:
http://the-rasterbator.en.softonic.com/
(the original page is out for the moment)
It does exactly that - splitting images into multiple sheets. Aiming for a certain scale might be a problem, though... But with sufficient trial & error you can get there, I think...

There are some CAD programs out there (I am positive about ArchiCAD, with which I am working), which can rescale PDF and set which part to print...

Epsilon 9

May 23, 2011
A plotter printer would also do the trick, but I doubt you have one of those handy...

You could also take the parts in Paint.net and break them up, perhaps use the percent scale and you'd have upscaled parts. Of course this isn't as easy as the above suggestion, but it would work.