Hyperhidrosis, anyone? (excessive sweating)

RocketmanTan

Hello all,
For those who don't know, hyperhidrosis is, simply put, excessive sweating. Common areas include the armpits (eww!), the feet (kinda hard to walk), and the hands (who wants to shake my hand?:wave:). By excessive, I mean, so much sweat that if you place your hand on a table and take if off after a second or so, there's something like a sweat puddle.
I, myself, have hyperhidrosis--not a very good condition for a modeler if you ask me. With papermodeling, especially, the paper can get soggy, the ink starts to fade, etc. Who else here has hyperhidrosis, and if you do, feel free to share your sweaty stories :mrgreen:

zsander

I don't personally have that problem but I know there's medication (not surgery?) to reduce the effects, far as I remember...

Leeadamaa

Something Like that

yeah I have a minor case of it not fun at all its very annoying especially when im building paper models

thirteenfury

I don't have it quite that bad, but I do start getting sweaty as soon as I'm warm. And not even boiling, over 90F warm, but like over 70F. I much prefer the weather when it's like this (below 30F in January), because I stay at a cooler temperature and if I get too cold, warming up won't get me sweaty. At least not until I have a heavy blanket on or too many blankets, usually along with warm clothing. If I ever move out of the US, it will be a cooler part of Canada or somewhere in the UK/Ireland, where it never really gets ridiculously hot like where I'm at now (Chicago).

judex333

I am a Physician's Assistant (PA) and I have delt with many patients with hyperhidrosis. I have never heard of that particular reaction with glycopyrrolate (a topical) which is what I am guessing you tried. There is an oral called Hyoscyamine that you might want to consider trying. It is expensive however, but if you have insurance it is covered by virtually all plans.