Howdy!

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi guys and ladies! :wave:

I've been MIA because I'm battleing to get my lap[top completely fixed since the virus so I'm using other peoles computers.

A friend of mine gave me- well my son:p- two Thomas the Tak Engine VHS Tapes. The modelling is soooo cool! It's cool to spot some mistakes though.

One example is when Gordon and Henry stop because of a cow on the line. Gordie didn't stop before he hit the cow- thats one strong cow since he made Gordons wheels slip:mrgreen: without the cow falling over.

For Christmas I'll buy the little man he's first Thomas set (Ja, he is only three months now but hey:rolleyes:).

Keep well

jesso

Glad you're back.

I recorded a bunch of Thomas episodes when our local station had them on, been watching them to get scenery ideas, the main thing I have to remember is they are a lot bigger scale and they have a lot more money than me to decorate. Just remember, don't go all prototypical on Thomas, it can drive you mad! You should have seen some of the club members when I ran Thomas pulling double-stacks and automaxes. :) Kids loved it though.

mooreway

Welcome Back.

As father of 3 dedicated Thomas fans I say you can never start them too young. The shows also have alot of great ideas for scenery and how to add some fun to our hobby.

James

Russ Bellinis

Glad you're back.

I recorded a bunch of Thomas episodes when our local station had them on, been watching them to get scenery ideas, the main thing I have to remember is they are a lot bigger scale and they have a lot more money than me to decorate. Just remember, don't go all prototypical on Thomas, it can drive you mad! You should have seen some of the club members when I ran Thomas pulling double-stacks and automaxes. :) Kids loved it though.

We have a club member in the modular club who has some Thomas equipment equipped with sound. He doesn't pull non Thomas rolling stock with it, but the kids love it when Thomas is running at a train show. I think the most unforgettable time for me was at one show when one member was running an Athearn Big Boy with about 100 Intermountain PFE reefers behind it, and this one kid was watching it run when Thomas came by. Suddenly the PFE train was completely forgotten and the kid yelled "Thomas!" and proceeded to follow Thomas around the layout.

iis612

Both my 16 month old son and my 4 year old daughter are infatuated with Thomas. My daughter knows every one of them by name and can give their wheel arraingment's accurately.

I wish I had the physical ability to work on my layout more. Before I tore up the trackwork I had down, I let my daughter run one of my FTAs with a short drag. She loved it. Especially when they go over the bridge.
Wait until I have the draw bridge in place.

On a seperate note, how is the little guy an Mom holding up?

Matt

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
They are doing cool.

Last week Monday my wife went back to work after being on Maternity Leave- that's very hard for a mommy after 3 months with the little man!

But he is doing well at the nursery, he enjoys it and I like it that they each have individual attention- he's got he's own book where they jot down what's being going on during the day. Best of all immunisation is only 25 bucks with them instead of 500 for the same thing from hospital!

Glad to hear how everyone's child(ren) react- I'm sure somewhere on here I saw a pic of thomas pulling Autostacks?! Not my cup of tea- but hey, the kids love it so let them have it!

Go well!