Hi From Florida

snark1950

Dec 26, 2011
Orlando Fl
Not really new but not here as often as I would like/ should be, closing in on retirement some time in the next 6 months and planning to get back to more building. Mostly interested in missile and space subjects. Wife and I volunteer out at Cape Canaveral Space Force (Air Force) Museum and Sands History Center, where currently two of my paper models are residing ( Vanguard Satellite, small cpx. 34 and Saturn I

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Welcome aboard! I recently went on disability, and am modeling more and more to. We have lots of Real Space subjects here, plus we know lots of places to find others, I just recently built the promotional copy of the NASA Orion capsule system. I have the Crew Dragon capsule on my to do list. We'll help you in any way we can.
A moderator or staff member will give you an official welcome, but here again is my Welcome Aboard! I hope you enjoy Zealot.

snark1950

Dec 26, 2011
Orlando Fl
there are a few Nasa or contractor paper models I'd be glad to post none of them say copyright nor do I think they could be. One question on reference photos I have a very large quantity of space related photos the question is Should I post them here or redirect to my current photo bucket and if here what size is preferred

20170408_125213.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to ZEALOT! You have come to the right place for all things paper (and other mediums for that matter). I think that it is GREAT that you have two of your models on display at the museum!

For you reference photos, you can redirect a link to your photobucket.

If you have any questions, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask. We will do what all we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction). When you do build a model I would like to invite you to post build threads of your projects. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as to highlight problem areas that you may need help with or show how you were able to solve said problem.
Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself. I look forward to seeing your work!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello snark,

welcome to the forum again!

Great to know that you have found a fulfilling and satisfying hobby and plan to get into it again.

I would love to see some pictures of your models you mentioned.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to Zealot. If you have pictures you think would be a good reference collection, start a thread and upload the photos directly. We do not want people using photo hosting services as they tend to disappear. Thanks for posting an Introduction. Lots of real space craft models out there. Post anything you may be looking for and I am sure someone will come up with it. if it exists. We strive for FREE models here. ;)

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Here is my build thread for the NASA Orion orbiter.
The link to the model download is in the posts.

snark1950

Dec 26, 2011
Orlando Fl
One more thing about me. My screen avatar is a Snark or Boojum ( you never find out which till to late). I was scanning through so Snark Missile photos one day and Spotted some odd nose art on one, upon enlargement it turned out to be a Snark. SN from snake (serpent) ark from Shark. By good fortune I had a table next to Wayne Vansant (historic graphic novel writer and illustrator) at a historical miniature show and in trade for some of what I was selling he drew my Snark

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Snarks, Boojums, who knows which. Snarks are nice and calm, Boojums are mean and hurtfull. We only let Snarks in here, we're thier kinda place, but some are Boojums.

Sorry, I cant remember the whole rhyme, it's been way too many years since I actually studied nuclear physics.