hi from firefoxUSSR

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
We do have that model but you will have to be a member for four weeks, and make 10 substantial posts. Welcome aboard. :)

Rogerio Silva

Welcome aboard, firefoxussr!

That movie sure brings back good memories... Clint Eastwood thinking in Russian?!! AND activating the weapons system with his MIND???
Well, you'll see that ZEALOT is quite bigger than just one model. I like to think that we're somewhat of a huge family here, because everyone wants the best for you, even when they give you their opinions (which you've asked for) and you disagree.
I strongly suggest that you take a look at what other people here are doing, or have done. You'll be amazed with the quality of the stuff you'll see here, even in simple models.
So, take a little time to know ZEALOT a bit more. As the rules say, get involved. Ask and share. I'm pretty sure your experience will be a whole better!

Welcome aboard!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, one of the best VFX works by John Dykstra and an ingenious performance by "Dirty Harry":

[YOUTUBE]ky-uzsw0kqw[/YOUTUBE]

Welcome aboard!

:wave::wave::wave:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm also looking to model some GT1 and Prototype racing cars that have never been modeled at all. Or it's a 1/43 scale kit... for $250.

Namely:
Jaguar XJR-15
Lotec Testa d'Oro
Zender Fact 4

but I'm guessing I'll have more luck making my first paper model with something that's a bit more flat-paneled, like the DeLorean, Lotus Esprit, BMW M1, DeTomaso Mangusta, Maserati Merak. All of those cars are designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro in his so-called "folded-paper" period due to the designs' resemblance to origami.

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1008_giorgetto_giugiaro_history/viewall.html See 1966 section.

Side note, when I was 17-19 years old I was drawing up plans and then cutout panels for making a paper Firefox. I want to make something next level. It's criminal that you can't easily purchase a proper model of such a breathtaking design.

I'm also considering making models of:
VTOL / Stealth Osprey from Resident Evil
resevil5i.jpg

I might make this, when i learn curves:
Viper Defender ( I do have the elusive 1/18th r/c to help as a base).
5502078292_dfdf0a86d4.jpg

@zathros
I am :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I hope you post some pics of the Firefox build. Please, post from beginning to end, we like to see them come together. I am anxious to see your build of this. :)