Hey Robin, have you seen this?

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Got a copy of the March Railroad Model Craftsman magazine and there is an article about this company Paper Creek Models . They seem to have some pretty nice looking material sheets, I think the structure kits are kind of expensive. The article in RMC mentions using sheet wood as an underlayment to prevent warping due to humidity. I don't recall you ever complaining about this using your cereal box construction. Do you use extra bracing to prevent that? I am toying with the idea of ordering some of the material sheets as I have a couple of cabins to build for my friends layout. I will keep you posted.

2slim :thumb:

rdlshadow

Apr 11, 2004
tcry.org
This guy makes a great product. I have used his shingles and other roofing items. The way that they are cut and the thickness makes them look so real. I have not done any of his structures yet. But having done paper models in the past I would say yes use some osrt of backing to prevent warping. But this guys products are A+

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Hi all,
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a sheet of shingles and a sheet of the unpainted wood. So do you think I should make the cabin out of say cereal board and then laminate the material sheets to that? Or would that still be too thin? I was really impressed with the photos of the depot, that would make a cool addition to a layout. I wonder if that small dock is made of strip wood? I wish they did a sheet of windows and doors. I think I'm going to download the little outhouse too.

2slim