Hello!

Tekhnocyte

Jul 9, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Hello everyone, I am from Canada, and I am really looking forward to interacting with all of you! I am just getting back into scale modeling, and with the current economic times, was looking for something that was a little more economical. I had remembered a book that my grandmother had when I was a kid of a model of a model T Ford that you could cut out and assemble. I went out looking for something like that, and I was absolutely flabbergasted at the number of free models that could be had, and a lot of them of the genre I love most, Sci-Fi! I look forward to sharing my old and new found hobby with everyone!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello GN,

welcome to the forum! :)

You have found the right place to learn and improve your skills. We have many scifi fans here (myself included) so I think you will find yourself quite at home in no time. My main topics are "BSG" and "Buck Rogers", my weapons of choice: SketchUp, Gimp and CorelDRAW. :)

If you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to ask. And if you already have a few pictures of models you have already built please feel free to show them here. We LOVE pics! :)

Take care and have fun and enjoy! :)

Greetings from Germany!
RF :)

P.S.: Great to know you are from Canada. I heard there were some BIG forests, so you should have enough building material to keep you occupied for quite some time. ;)

Reactions: Tekhnocyte

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place for all things paper (as well as other mediums). Many of our members are HUGE SCI-FI geeks (myself included). SO, I hope that will help you feel more at home here.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask. We will do what all we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

When you do build a model I would like to invite you to post build threads of your projects. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as to highlight problem areas that you may need help with or show how you were able to solve said problem.

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Hello Grey,

Welcome to zealot you will find lots of different models and there are a lot of scifi models. Have fun here and I'm looking forward to see your building trhead. Have fun with us.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's the great thing about this hobby, the amount of quality free models. They can look as authentic as the time you put into them. Welcome to Zealot!! :)

Tekhnocyte

Jul 9, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Welp... here we are, 2 years later, and I am finally finding the time to do something about the modeling.

Long story short, I have 4 kids, a 4 year old and triplet 3 year olds. Now I'm not blaming them for anything, I love them to bits, but when you have no help of any shape or form, it is a lot of work, and anything personal goes totally out the window. It has been hard, and the depression has been deep.

I haven't been idle though. During the mini vacations I get in the washroom, I've been looking up models, and I have quite the collection that I'd like to assemble. Aside from the usual Star Wars, Star Trek, and BSG fare, I have collected the Sulaco model, a full compliment of the Voltron robots, and a few other larger models to put together.

As a father, husband, and a business owner, it is going to be hard to find the motivation to do anything at all when I have a few moments of free time, but if I'm allowed to post my progress, maybe that will provide the motivation I need to git'er dun... maybe?

Not gushing or crying, just seeing where the support is at.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Having a family is a full time job in and of itself. I fully understand that time "TIME" for you is limited. You will find a TON of support and encouragement here.

By all mean, post build threads of the models that you build. Like I mentioned earlier, build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as to highlight problem areas that you may need help with or show how you were able to solve said problem.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Great to see you again I have been in the kids and work drill myself. When they got older I have found some spare time. And luckely they are now old enough todo there own things and I have a lot of my and my wife time. Im looking forward to see your building threads that will keep you going.