Hello World!

Gerry Smit

Hello World: the traditional first output of any programmer's first coding in a new language. Now here I am on a papercrafter website, what other title could I possibly choose?

I am semi-retired, board and roleplay gamer. I discovered the website thru links from boardgamegeek as they showed paper models for Battlestar Galactica. In my dreams I imagine an 3x6 game board with paper model ships on them, with viper and raider models clashing around Galactica, along with random civies from the ragtag fleet.

So maybe I'll learn how to build that. Imagine such a set up at a Game Convention! I'd have 5 players in no time, even for a game now out of print.

Also, based on some of the intro rules and guidelines I've read, and some of the other noobs intros, I get the impression that this just might be a welcoming community of people. I hope so, as my other major website I move around, bgg, is certainly such.

Now to delve around and look for BSG (and Firefly, and Space 1999) models to build on paper or cardstock.

Gerry Smit
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Gerry,

Welcome to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things paper (and BSG). There are many members here who are HUGE BSG (and SCI-FI) fans (myself being one of them). Not only that, but there are many "old school" gamers who are interested in both board and RPG gaming. We are indeed a very friendly bunch. So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or atleast point you in the right direction).
Once you have found a model that you want to cut your teeth on, by all means, please post a build thread. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and highlight any problem areas that you may need help with or you want to show how you were able to deal with it.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for posting your Introduction. Sharing and friendliness is the mainstay of this forum. We all help each other, and would be happy to help you learn how to build or design the models you seek. We can help you find some too. FREE is the big word around here, and you will find that 88.88% of the links we have are for FREE models.

Welcome to Zealot!! Very Happy to have you aboard. In no time you will have access to our "Resource" section, will you will find many models. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The World says "Hello" to you! :)

Welcome to Zealot. As my fellows already stated, we are a formidable community and I am sure you will like it here.

I'm a huge BSG and Buck Rogers fan and have several new models in development. If you need anything specific please let me know. ;)

Meanwhile take a look around, make yourself comfortable and have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

subnuke

Banned
Welcome aboard and off to a great start. We know who you are and what interests you. If you find something to try, feel free to start a build thread. We'd love to watch and help.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
What an INTO!! That is what we like to see.. someone with a goal! Welcome to Zealot!! and you have found a place where there are many++ folks that LOVE card models of just those subjects to help you on your quest! Make sure you ask questions! We are happy to help out as best we can or at least point you in the right direction... such as..

https://momirfarooq.com/swcharacter/index.html

good luck..as these are tiny !

and as inspiration... and a little how-to

http://otherlifeart.com/papercraft.php

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Hello World: the traditional first output of any programmer's first coding in a new language. Now here I am on a papercrafter website, what other title could I possibly choose?

I am semi-retired, board and roleplay gamer. I discovered the website thru links from boardgamegeek as they showed paper models for Battlestar Galactica. In my dreams I imagine an 3x6 game board with paper model ships on them, with viper and raider models clashing around Galactica, along with random civies from the ragtag fleet.

So maybe I'll learn how to build that. Imagine such a set up at a Game Convention! I'd have 5 players in no time, even for a game now out of print.

Also, based on some of the intro rules and guidelines I've read, and some of the other noobs intros, I get the impression that this just might be a welcoming community of people. I hope so, as my other major website I move around, bgg, is certainly such.

Now to delve around and look for BSG (and Firefly, and Space 1999) models to build on paper or cardstock.

Gerry Smit
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Gerry,

Hey welcome to Zealot! I say you certainly have come to the right place! :) Since I joined a few years ago I've found this to be a welcoming place with experts in just about everything paper and non-paper related. All you have to do is ask.

Funny you should mention building some BSG models - there's quite a few around here both from the old and from the new series. Revell-Fan has designed a couple models and built .. well QUITE A FEW. He and Cybergirl are the resident experts in Galactica anything.

Also, I might know a thing or two about the Serenity from Firefly..... ;) There are a couple of versions of the Serenity in normal fashion and in Reaver gear. There's a shuttle design out there for the Serenity's mini shuttles. Although, I've never seen the medical shuttle done hmmm...

Space 1999 - there are a couple models out there and various permutation of the eagle out there. I used to have a toy eagle with the action figures. Cool series.

I'm also a big fan of Babylon 5. Watched the whole series at least 3 times. The challenge for this is to spot how many ships are in the series that have models and also spot the ones that have NO models. Always on the lookout for new models from B5.

Again Gerry ...

WELCOME TO ZEALOT!!!!:animated:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Last edited: