hello there, greetings from Alaska

snowmanX

Hello everyone,

I have read this forum for a while, but haven’t introduced myself, so I am taking the opportunity.

As a kid I built most of the than Estes rocket collection. As an adult, I have diverse interests, and it carries over into the models I have built/want to build eventually: sci-fi; real space; ships and pretty much anything water related; and architecture. My biggest paper model interest may be airships. I really only became interested in paper models a year ago after stumbling across Ralph Currell’s website.

To-date, I built have built Currell’s Concorde and Graf Zeppelin. A Schreiber-Bogen OHEKA II is under construction, but I haven’t had the frame of mind to finish the railings and final details, and it will remain unfinished until the mood strikes. I recently started Ralph’s Titanic, and am just getting ready to fit the hull onto ship’s skeleton. Johan Scherft’s hatching raptor egg is partially complete as a gift —the egg is done, but I haven’t had the time to take on the hatchling.

Between work, family, and other hobbies, I have very little time to model, but do enjoy it do a here and there as time allows. I am pretty patient and most of my builds are sporadic affairs takings months if not over a year.

I have, however, amassed a pretty substantial collection of commercial kits, and downloaded models that I hope to work through. It might be more accurate to say that I am collecting models more than building them at present.

Thank you for having me!

Eric

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum! :)

It's good to see a lurker finally post something. Have fun and enjoy! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealot. By all means, please post photos of your work.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you ( or at least point you in the right direction).
Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
If you have built ESTES Rockets, this forum is right up your alley. Welcome to Zealot, we are Happy to have you here. Feel free to post pictures of you Estes Rockets if you have any left, mine all drifted over Long Island Sound!! :)

snowmanX

When we moved I lost my collection of 20 or 30 rockets. My first rocket was the Bullpup missile. I remember fondly the release of the Star Trek Enterprise and the Klingon D-7 battle cruiser. I recall the mean machine-- a rocket 6 or so feet long. The Comanche- a 3 stage rocket. I was just a kid and D and E engines were super pricey so if it took something bigger than a C engine that was unobtainable for me. As an adult, I have bought back a few of my favorites at a hefty premium from Ebay and a few kits I wanted but were out of reach as a kid: the space shuttle. I re-purchased the Star Trek kits. I just found and purchased a really cool sci-fi inspired generation ship with "cryo stasis" tubes around the outside that I always looked at as a kid. The Saturn V.

It is interesting that at my current place in life, as a busy working adult, the idea of building it is a happy inspiration that has replaced the childhood pleasure of actually spending sweltering summers doing real building.

I appreciate the warm welcome :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I think you will like this forum. The sentiments are genuine. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
When we moved I lost my collection of 20 or 30 rockets. My first rocket was the Bullpup missile. I remember fondly the release of the Star Trek Enterprise and the Klingon D-7 battle cruiser. I recall the mean machine-- a rocket 6 or so feet long. The Comanche- a 3 stage rocket. I was just a kid and D and E engines were super pricey so if it took something bigger than a C engine that was unobtainable for me. As an adult, I have bought back a few of my favorites at a hefty premium from Ebay and a few kits I wanted but were out of reach as a kid: the space shuttle. I re-purchased the Star Trek kits. I just found and purchased a really cool sci-fi inspired generation ship with "cryo stasis" tubes around the outside that I always looked at as a kid. The Saturn V.

It is interesting that at my current place in life, as a busy working adult, the idea of building it is a happy inspiration that has replaced the childhood pleasure of actually spending sweltering summers doing real building.

I appreciate the warm welcome :)

I fully understand. When I moved back to the US (from Eastern EUrope), I lost everything as well. The good thing is, I get to rebuild everything with the greebles and details that I wanted to originally.
I look forward to seeing your new builds!