Hello from Nevada

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
Thanks for letting me join the forum.

I’m a retired miner and have recently started playing with paper and glue again. I enjoy the fun of creating something from almost nothing. I currently am working in 1:48 scale but will be doing things with my HO scale toys too.
This is an example of my older work, a Super Cub in 1:24 scale. Modified to suit me. It has been through some rough times and survived a house move.

EFBA75B4-C796-40BB-A294-AF9038A04A74.jpegF09B25F4-790D-484A-B765-310DCE69EC1F.jpeg

Seems she has shed her tail wheel. Rough landing someplace I guess.

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
Thanks, I had a lot of fun on that one. The windshield was a challenge. I also just noticed that the top part of the door (it hinged up) must have blown off during some flight.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things paper & cardstock, as well as model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills.

Thank you for sharing the photo of the plane. You did a great job on this project! It looks very realistic.

When you start a new project, please post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Last edited:

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
Thank you for the warm welcome. I always hesitate to start a build thread, some forums don’t like it. I’m glad to hear that it is welcome here.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thank you for the warm welcome. I always hesitate to start a build thread, some forums don’t like it. I’m glad to hear that it is welcome here.
Build threads are not just welcome here, but strongly encouraged. This forum (as a whole) thrives on build threads.
With that being said, I am looking forward to seeing your work!

Reactions: OldMiner

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
welcome to zealot tou gone lije it here. we love building threads and pictures.

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Welcome @OldMiner - your Cub looks great. especially after surviving a move.

Looking forward to you sharing your new builds with us all here...lots of encouragement on Zealot and there are also many helpful builders to sort you out, should you get stuck/sticky

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello and welcome to the forum!

You have built a beautiful plane. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you! :)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The Super Cub model came out great. I worked on a few of those (real ones), always a favorite plane. Welcome!! :)

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
Well, I just discovered that I was already a member of the forum, from a few years ago. @Rhaven Blaack fixed the problem for me by merging the accounts. My old user name was NevadaBlue. I decided to keep the OldMiner name, it is more fitting to my situation now.
I will attempt to repair my old threads with missing pictures, if I can find them.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Up to you on restoring posts. I think you'd better be served with just picking up from now, your choice. I am happy to have you posting again. Welcome back! :)

Reactions: OldMiner