Hello from me

Whitefrank

Jul 10, 2022
Hello! I primarily make papercraft models, using as much recycled material as possible, for use in photographic sets and dioramas for my graphic novels. I photograph physical 3D dioramas then digitally insert hand drawn characters etc. and add digital effects for the finished comic book page.

I found this forum whilst browsing Deviant Art.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello,

Please let me be the first one to welcome you to Zealot! There are several members who have a Deviant Art account (myself being one) who post photos of the models that they build. I am glad that was what brought you here.
You have come to the right place for all things model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.

We have many members who have (and in some cases, still do) scratch build models (myself being one who has scratch built models). So, I hope that you will feel right at home.

If I may be so bold to ask, what genres (i.e. Sci-Fi, Militaria, Civilian Vehicles, architecture) of paper/cardstock interest you?

When you start a new project, I would like to invite you to post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Whitefrank

Jul 10, 2022
Hello,

Please let me be the first one to welcome you to Zealot! There are several members who have a Deviant Art account (myself being one) who post photos of the models that they build. I am glad that was what brought you here.
You have come to the right place for all things model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.

We have many members who have (and in some cases, still do) scratch build models (myself being one who has scratch built models). So, I hope that you will feel right at home.

If I may be so bold to ask, what genres (i.e. Sci-Fi, Militaria, Civilian Vehicles, architecture) of paper/cardstock interest you?

When you start a new project, I would like to invite you to post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.
Hi, thanks for the welcome!

I build whatever is needed for the individual comic book story so in the past I've done horror, western, science fiction, fantasy and modern day / near future realistic.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-29 at 8.50.46 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-05-26 at 1.59.04 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-10 at 1.52.55 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-10 at 1.52.55 PM.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-13 at 8.57.45 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-13 at 8.57.45 PM.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-21 at 8.13.53 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-21 at 8.13.53 PM.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Hello Frank,

Welcome to zealot there are tons of models waiting for you to be used in your dioramas.
Looking forward to see your first building trhead. And thank you for sharing your dioramas.

Have fun here at zealot.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I like your approachh to selecting what you build. Welcome to Zealot!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello and welcome to Zealot! :)

I like your idea of creating images for stories. I have written a complete virtual season of the classic BSG and truned parts of it into comic strip form. You can see some of it here (the missing volumes will be added as soon as I have translated and revised them; right now they are all in German ;) ).

I'd love to see your stories, so if you have the time, please post them in the Artist's Alcove. This is my DA page. I'd like to post more over there but my time is very limited, so Zealot is my #1 location. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

RF