Hello from Colorado

dr_tetrode

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

I was shown this forum by my son, and he also introduced me to the joys of Paper Modeling and 3d Printing. I did not realize how much fun, paper was! So, just getting started on it. Currently collecting tools and techniques and supplies. I have built a few small buildings for model railroads and couple of SF gaming pieces. Looking forward to making more gaming pieces and terrain.

3d printing has always fascinated me, so after seeing my son's machine, I went and got my own. I subscribe to MAKE magazine, and the printer I bought was the top one in 2017, the Prusa i3 Mk2. I bought a kit, it arrived and I spent a week of evenings putting it together and calibrating it. It has been fun ever since. My biggest hangup is learning how to create the 3d models, to print.

I enjoy the learning and the making processes. Glad to be here and see all of the new (to me) techniques of modeling in may mediums.

Scott aka dr_tetrode

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
Welcome aboard. We run off the trolls so you should find this a peaceful place. If you build something we encourage you to post a build thread. You'll get more assistance than you know what to do with. There's even room for tubes and wires talk. You may be surprised at the backgrounds you uncover here so join in and enjoy.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Scott,

Welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place for all things paper (as well as a few other mediums). There are many people here who are heavily into SCI-FI (myself included). Please do not be afraid to ask questions. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).
If you have any photos of the stuff that you have already built, please post them and tell us about them. We love seeing photos and hearing about what others do and make. When you start a new project, I would like to invite you to post a build thread. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques as well as highlight areas that you are having problems with and either need help or show how you solved that problem.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here!

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Welcome to Zealot! We have a diverse membership here with people that are into exactly what you refer to. We have just started a new section on 3dprinting, that in time will be full of Ideas and techniques in the 3dprint world. We also deal with the tools and techniques in paper modeling and share ideas and current work, where folks can see what is being done and tips on how it was done! We would like to see anything you have done! We are always ready to answer any questions you may have, and help when we can! Again Welcome to Zealot!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to Zealot. Pictures are welcome, as are questions., and tips. We are an open community of like minded people. You will find that we do tend to share here. We share, not compete. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello dr! Welcome to Zealot. :)

I have noticed that you are a 3D printing aficionado. What a coincidence that you joined right at the time we have created an own section for it. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. If you already have built anything please feel free to show us some pictures (we LOVE pictures). If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Just take a look around, and most of all:

Have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

Sudsy

Sep 29, 2018
Hi,

I was shown this forum by my son, and he also introduced me to the joys of Paper Modeling...

I did not introduce you to the joys of paper modeling, you showed me, I just gave you a reminder... I still have that hobby knife you gave me when I got my first model kit!

Welcome!

Reactions: Revell-Fan

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Jun 10, 2016
Chichester
Welcome to the club. :)

You will find that everyone here is extremely helpful when you need it and full of advice.

The mods and admins are the very best you could ask for and if they can't help you they will still try.

Build threads and pictures are a must, we love it.

Most of all, enjoy the hobby.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

dr_tetrode

Jan 8, 2019
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to fun. Just a question, I am having 'issues' with my 3d printer, and was wondering where we would like to have me share the history, and then my quest for a fix. I am not sure there would be a good place. I am thinking along the lines of an entry with my history, how I got to the problems, and my log as I try to fix. Maybe a trials and tribulations thread? Not sure where to put that.

Scott ;-)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to fun. Just a question, I am having 'issues' with my 3d printer, and was wondering where we would like to have me share the history, and then my quest for a fix. I am not sure there would be a good place. I am thinking along the lines of an entry with my history, how I got to the problems, and my log as I try to fix. Maybe a trials and tribulations thread? Not sure where to put that.

Scott ;-)
There is a section for 3-D printers where you can talk about such issues.
http://www.zealot.com/categories/3-d-printing-and-models.716/