Hello everyone! :-)

tnaseem

Jul 7, 2018
Auckland, NZ
naseem.nz
Well, things have moved on in recent years :) I used to make some paper models to enhance the scenes for our Star Wars Miniatures games back in the day. They were great back then, but now I have discovered Uhu02's (more like stumbled across!) work and am truly blown away!

How did I get here? Having watched Ready Player One with the kids, I was overcome with nostalgia for the days when I used to sit for hours building models (from vac formed Daleks, Blake's 7 Liberator to the USS Enterprise), so decided to get back into it, after 20 years... Hunting around the t'interwebs, I came across this paper model plans of the UFO Interceptor - actually being sold on Ali Express (cheeky b4s#$%#!), then a few more on ebay, with the exact same plan. This got me thinking that there's something a bit fishy going on here, so did a Google search for the paper model and discovered Uhu02's wonderful site and links to download the same plans for free!

I am blown away not just by the sheer amount of work that he's put into the designs, but how he's offered them to be shared with the community. Truly generous.

Although, I haven't managed to get into the library yet (not figured out user/pass - my brains not what it used to be after being inflicted with MS!), it's inspired me to get back into building models again, and in particular paper models! I've got the UFO Interceptor (yay!) and Dewey model. Not sure if my hands can manage the Interceptor yet, so will have to start on something simpler.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to the community here, and show some appreciation for his wonderful work. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello tnaseem! :)

Welcome to the forum.

Great to see another UHU fan here. If you have any pics of your previous builds (even if they are plastic or mixed media) please post them here. We love to see pics! :)

Please read the Rules and Policies and take a look around. And mostly:

Have fun and enjoy! :)

(P.S.: I have moved your post to the "Introductions" because it fits much better there and to make sure that it doesn't get lost. ;) )

Reactions: tnaseem

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello tnaseem,

Welcome to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things SCI-FI. UHU02 is indeed a master designer, and his work is PHENOMENAL!!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).
Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work!

tnaseem

Jul 7, 2018
Auckland, NZ
naseem.nz
Cheers peeps!

I really wish I had taken pics of my previous builds. I got rid of them all many years ago - and moving to NZ (from the UK), I left a few behind in the loft somewhere! One unfinished Predator model, where I spent far too long on the ripped out human skull and spine he was carrying. :)

Although, I do have a pic of my Alien model that I made almost 20 odd years ago now. Took the picture after my last restoration attempt as it was on its last legs, having travelled from the UK to NZ to Aus and back to NZ before it finally gave up and decided to get crushed during the last journey. I'm pretty sure I heard it shout something along the lines of "Game over man!" before it's demise. :)

Anyway, looking forward to having some fun again with all this...

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
A very big welcome to you. We are so happy you have joined out community. I think you will like it here. Much sharing going on, much caring. Thanks for posting an Introduction as well. ;)