hatzegopteryx

freddyman

another paper animal in he making. this time it's hatzegopteryx.

hatzegopteryx was the largest flying organism that ever lived. with a wingspan of 11 meters, t was dimensionally similar to quetzalcoatlus in size albeit, a proportionally shorter neck. but it robust build makes it bulkier and heavier then even quetzalcoatlus. hatzygopteryx also has one of the longest jaws of any land animal excluding very large ceratopsians. measuring 2.5 meters in length, it's head is lose to twice that of the largest tyrannosaurus and possibly would of been able to swallow human sized animals whole. the irony is that despite such head size, it was only about the weight of a tiger.

heres a few pictures. the pterosaur is in 1: 48 scale. as of know the wings are being made and would soon be tested. i might finish this either later on today, or tomorrow if time is lenient on me.
hatzygopteryx_paper_model_wip_by_spinosaurus1-d8j47wv.jpg

hatzegopteryx_paper_model_wip_2_by_spinosaurus1-d8j491s.jpg

freddyman

she has wings!
all that is needed is the manus digits and the right foot. i must say, i really like the perspectives you can place this model in. unfortunately i'm not a professional photographer, but i think my pictures give the perception of the model well enough.
hatzegopteryx_paper_model_wip_3_by_spinosaurus1-d8jbmvb.jpg

hatzegopteryx_paper_model_wip_4_by_spinosaurus1-d8jbn03.jpg

hatzegopteryx_paper_model_wip_5_by_spinosaurus1-d8jbn69.jpg

hatzegopteryx_paper_model_wip_6_by_spinosaurus1-d8jbnku.jpg