Has anyone seen a paper model of a Plymouth Prowler?

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
You don't pick easy ones do ya! Search yields zero results..but again..I got a 3d file..when you going to let us teach you to craft your own models? Seems like that's the only way to get this one also! Still going to be tricky..lots of curves for a card model!
Prowler.jpg

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
You don't pick easy ones do ya! Search yields zero results..but again..I got a 3d file..when you going to let us teach you to craft your own models? Seems like that's the only way to get this one also! Still going to be tricky..lots of curves for a card model!
View attachment 161735
Thanks Gandolf50. At 65 I think I'm too late to learn 3D and its hard to unfold on a MacBook. Been a commercial artist too long I guess. I love to build, kit bash, and I will do recolor/repaints. I had a thought about using a paper model as a start for a Phantom of the Opera HotRod kit bash.

Gandolf50

Staff member
I thought those MacBooks were able to unfold themselves;) and no 65 ain't too old.. I'm learning new software everyday! Course I just spent half a day importing objects to Unity for some animation/game design..another bugger..having to change things to make them work! Now that might make ya feel old at the end of the day!;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The MacBook should be afraid of your 65, not vice versa! :) Believe me, once you have figures out how to do it it is much fun and gives you much freedem. :)

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
The MacBook should be afraid of your 65, not vice versa! :) Believe me, once you have figures out how to do it it is much fun and gives you much freedem. :)
If I wasn't in fall leaf mode at my home and my late mother's house I might think about it. We are also getting our home ready to sell and packing up and selling off stuff to move to a new home at the beach. So much stuff going on I can't even think about getting into something else. I do enjoy building models and I want to get back to my repaint redesign of the Joker's and Harley Quinn's Clown Cars.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Now is not a good time, but boy, living on the beach!! Good for you!! Time to get a surf casting rod and reel!! I've caught some big fish off the coast. Big enough to feed our family.:)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
As a proud owner of a 67 Plymouth Valiant, with restored LA-8 (and finishing the interior this spring), I frequently wish there were more molar paper kits, since the plastic kits make hen's teeth look common...

And don't get me started on trying to find a 62 Dodge Lancer...my next project!

Burton to other things...what software is recommended for design that works on a Mac?

Thanks!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I know you meant "Mopar", but "molar' models would make a great gift for a good dentist. '67 Valiant, Nice!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I'm lucky to get 4. Sleep deprivation sucks. ;)

Gandolf50

Staff member
Valiant...Nice one of my first cars was a Valiant.. though a 1961 Plymouth push Button, possibly one of the ugliest ever built! Here is a pic of one like I had could even be the old ugly beast sitting next to the one I wanted and couldn't afford at the time!
barn-find-1961-plymouth-valiant-1.jpg Actually Now? I would take them both!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The sisters boyfriend had the"Ugly" one. He was a master mechanic. When it was done, it had huge slicks, a big block V-8, new 4 speed, on the floor, ladder bars, posi-rear end and blew the doors off of every car he raced. He also gave it a fantastic paint job. Amazing what this one person did all by himself, in around a month, to that car.

X2 one taking them both!! ;)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Well, one man's ugly is another's restoration-passion.

I just finished with a ruby red version of this:

and am about to start the 62 Lancer, which is burgundy and beautiful.

The last of the sculpted iron-works...

Attachments

• 1967 Valiant Signet.jpeg
    1967 Valiant Signet.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Dodge Lancer 1962.jpeg
    Dodge Lancer 1962.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 4

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
OMG! Those are two beautiful cars. They are sculpted. They fit your profile perfectly. I didn't know you did this kind of work. I am seriously considering building a rotisserie for my M.G. to get it "right'. I am putting the exhaust down the transmission tunnel along with the fuel and brake lines, which will be in steel tubes for protection. The car will be completely flat on the bottom. I am considering a 4 bar link for the rear, I cannot find an independent suspension that I can cut up for it. Still looking. I have a 3:9 ratio rear end, I need a slightly taller one (3:7) for better top end cruising. Too expensive to change the gear box, and I have the rib cage one which is desirable, and freshly rebuilt by me. First gear is too short, the motor is blueprinted and hopped up quite a bit, . Biggest improvements we are cam with 10 degrees more duration, same lift, forged pistons, header, and a 40mm Side draft Weber, and Dual Point Mallory distributor. I got 105 mph out of the car, but the tranny and rear end wear screaming at me. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 161735

With his graphic artist skills, I wish I could provide him with something. Too much on my plate right now. :(

Gandolf50

Staff member
With his graphic artist skills, I wish I could provide him with something. Too much on my plate right now. :(
Yep.. Same here...100 things going at one time, hard to remember what I am working on, just realized it was December!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Sweet!

You'll have to post pics!

The car is so cut up, if someone looked at it they would think it's a pile of junk. I have all the repair panels, and every tool needed to welding, form and make any piece I don't have, including a 36" sheet metal Brake. I have a piece of railroad around 20 inches long I use as an anvil. I can barely pick up this piece of steel. A guy working on the track told me I could have it. I have ground one end like a ball, and use it to hammer curves and the like, a manual planishing machine. I had the car sitting on the two jack points, one on each side, to see if the car's frame was still strong. The car, empty, balances perfectly on the two jacks. You can actually teeter totter it. I had it in the air in my barn for two weeks, and it was solid as a rock. I have since built casters that allow me to wheel the car around, and get underneath it. The frame is solid as a rock. Having a bad back and being 8 degrees on average for the last week means we are froze solid up here in Connecticut. Tool start to break at those temperatures, and it's too cold to weld.

Last year, the day time high was 50 degrees, now it's 11 degrees. Global Warning? This is wow I remember everything for most of my life. I have a manifold pressure gauge in that car I purchased from a parts store that didn't realize what they had, it was just old inventory. I paid $50 bucks. A guy pulled up in a replica A/C Cobra and offered me $600 bucks for my "Smith's" gauge. I asked him,, "If I sell you this, what am I supposed to do?". He had actually put his hand in my car to see if the gauge was loose. This was in Westport, Ct.!! Talk about entitlement! When I walked up behind him ask kind of grunted "WTF do you think your doing?" I apparently startled him. I have had people steal stuff out of that car. I ended up putting a tonneau cover on it, and would zip it closed when I got out. It's kind of neat driving around with just the drivers section open, a very weird but cool feeling.

This car is what my Midget looks like but with some rust on the "A" pillars, it's not mine, but looks just like it. I have a set of older rims that will have "Baby Moons" on them instead of the stock ones. The round rear wheel arch is what makes this car desirable. All the numbers match too.:)

This is how my car looked when I parked it, I actually have 2 grills for it, you tend to grab whatever parts you can find for these cars:

My MG Midget close.jpg