Halo Pelican 1/35

ANNOUNCEMENT:

VFR has given me the Pelican file to upload. It is uploaded! It is in .PDO format, and it looks GREAT!!!

Thank You Tiziano! For your wonderful contribution!
:thumb:balloon6

Yes yes yes yes!bounce7balloon6:excited1::excited1::excited1:

Ahem... anyways... I really can't wait to build this. I'm building Tars pelican right now and this looks like it might be even better than that (which is excellent).

VFR

The model requires changes to the total assembly, looking with Pepakura understand, also serves texture, I'm not able to do this

Z

Zathros

This sounds like the basis of a model that can be taken to whatever level you want. I,like the idea of sealing paper, then spray painting the models. It reminds me of the way way used to make paper models. You painted them. Printers are absolutely great, but then seem to have taken some of the manual ways again, though some members seem to have no problem making the models using every and any method they wish. That is cool!:)

Completely agree. I would love to build this and paint it by hand, but that would take all of my free time for a very long time... It shall go on the (infinitely) long list of models that must be built.

VFR

I think the model as a basis for finishing work with fiberglass and resin, then paint air brush, great size for paper only, serves reinforcements
originally also have complete interior, but I removed because it was too complicated to fit with Pepakura

comex319

For the support you could use Fiberglass resin instead of sticks and glue. I would, but I would also use more than one coat and I would consider using car body-filler, for extra support (after resin of course). But I am not sure if that would make it too heavy.
I would stick with the fiberglass resin and give it more than one coat.

Z

Zathros

You can just reinforce the edges with card stock. Keeping the model light, and sealing it with a clear coat (in light layers so the ink does not run, if you use dye based ink), will allow that the strengthening be kept minimal. One aspect art of card modeling is that with just paper, and an occasional Popsicle stick, you can make a strong accurate model. :)

rowsdower

A while ago I did a google search and found a card model of a pelican from the very first Halo. It looked great, but I must say it was nothing compared to this. This looks like a concept model that would be used during the production of a film! Well done!

PS-off topic, but after watching the Forward Unto Dawn series I really think a Halo movie would be a completely viable endeavor for Microsoft

Mathius_gamgee

This is the most amazing model of a pelican drop ship I have ever seen!!! Well done VFR!!

Does the wing sections have the ability to move independently?

Also what would you use for the screens in the cockpit to complete the model?

pone69

A wonderful job. Eagerly follow the progress but I can say that the model is amazing. Must be loaded behind a warthog