Hah, Feb already. How about your new paint job or road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
This month's contest comes at the suggestion of N Gauger. Many of you slave over a unique paint job whether it be repainting a loco or car to get it just right, or to get it in your own road name, be it prototypical or fictional. We'd like to see them this month so get your pictures and cameras out and let's go.

The rules (always rules):
  • The picture must be of a loco or car that you painted, or repainted and can be any road, prototypical or fictional. The work must have been done all or in a large part by you.
  • The picture can be on a layout, diorama or stand-alone.
  • No editing will be allowed on your picture other than resizing or cropping.
  • The picture must have been taken by the one that submits it.
  • All the other contest rules apply including only one submission per member.
  • This contest will close on March. 1st.
  • As usual, no prizes will be awarded except the pride in knowing you entered the contest and that's worth a lot.
    biggrin.gif
Good luck to ya all...:thumb: :thumb:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNWman
Do Gauge cars count? i don't have one, just asking

Quote from Don:
"yes, providing you did some or all of the work on it."

Well...That eliminates ten people.......

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
Oh, so I just submit them here... *starts digging...*

Here we go, Rail Power SD45-2, Athearn SD40-2 chassis, Microscale decals, Floquil paint, Details West plow, Detail Associates Cab AC unit, Smokey Valley SD45-2 handrails, and a few various other details.
bnsf6460_08.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Athearn 50' "Newer" BB.
Painted for my company's 25th Anniversary.
Decals were done on my computer. The white paint is Krylon "Fusion".

Attachments

• hcw8207-1.jpg
    hcw8207-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 396

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
This is my first and only attempt at trying out a paint scheme for my road. I did these about four years ago, and needed this long to try again. :rolleyes: Call this scheme "bad try":eek:ops: or more politely, "old scheme #1", but I'm almost over the shock of how these turned out and so I might just try again with "New scheme #2" very soon...:D Anyway, it's all I had to be able to enter this month's contest.:wave:

Attachments

• CSRR1.jpg
    CSRR1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 370

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
I wanted a Bachmann Spectrum CNW FM H16-44, unfortunately they don't offer the FM H16-44 in CNW:(. So i bought an UNDECORATED one, and did ALL the work MYSELF:D.

WHAT I USED:
Polly Scale "CNW Green"
Polly Scale "CNW Yellow"
Testors "White"
Microscale decals
Bachmann coupler cut bars
Atlas hoses
duel rear exhaust: Plastruct "pipe"
front & rear grab bar: brass wire
sunvisors-made by ME, from styrene
weathered the trucks, fuel and air tank
CNWFMH16-44.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Three switchers join up to run a Kings Port & Western local...my freelanced line. I chose the colors as a tribute to my beloved NY METs whose uniforms during the late 60s early
70s were light blue and orange. The road is supposed to be located in NY during that time period so that seems appropriate.

Attachments

• 2-8-2007-17.jpg
    2-8-2007-17.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 305

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
Great thread Don. And GREAT pics everyone, fun to see what someone will do if they need it done.

Although the CNW NEVER had one, I was given an old Athearn BB tunnel motor that was undec. So I cut out the cast tunnel grills , replaced them with see-thru brass, did some minor detailing and then painted it with Floquil paints.

The trailing unit is a one-of-a-kind NEVER prototypical, FP45-B unit. It went through the same process.

Mad_8960_dachsy_1.jpg

Happy Modeling,

Johnny

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Here is my locos. These are fantasy schemes. The Lehigh & New England went out of existence in 1961 many years before the first U23B was ever built. However on the RK&M the L&NE continues until today.

Atlas_coal_drag001_a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.