Groizer X - Space Pirate

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No need to apologize, Rogerio. You are making remarkable progress and the fact that you decide to revise certain portions of your (FIRST!) model shows that you are improving your skills and yourself. Keep it on, you are on the right track! ;-)

Rogerio Silva

Music for my ears...

No need to apologize, Rogerio. You are making remarkable progress and the fact that you decide to revise certain portions of your (FIRST!) model shows that you are improving your skills and yourself. Keep it on, you are on the right track! ;-)

Thank you for your kind words, pal! I'll make it better, stronger (six million dollars man). :mrgreen:

Rogerio Silva

Movin' on in the same place.

Howdy!

Well, I've got good news and bad news... :cry: :rolleyes: Good news first: I've been revising the schemes, and I think I've got them right now. :mrgreen: :thumb:
The bad news is: my printer is refusing to print with the paper I was using (120g glossy, just for test building). I'm trying to make it happen, but some delay is expected. The problem is the tractor that pulls the paper sheets... It's too old. :curse: I think I'll be needing a new printer! :twisted:
At least I won't have to rebuild all the formers! :mrgreen: Anyway, I've got other projects I want to reactivate, and I'll get things moving again.
Thanks for visiting!

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Keep up the awesome work my friend, your skills are improving at an exponential rate.
:thumb:

Rogerio Silva

I've got me a new printer, and work will restart soon. It's an A3 multifunctional Brother printer, and to me it's fine, I became very fond of it now...
New problem: getting ready to move to another house! Oh, boy, here we go...

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Hi Rogerio,
Keep knocking down those 'obstacles' like you have been and you'll be rewarded in the end with a design that is worth the effort you have put into it.

Best Regards,

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This is not an easy model to design and get right. Good luck on your move. I hate moving and have done so only twice in 37 years!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I know what you are going through.
I have done it MANY TIMES in my life.
I HATE MOVING!!!wall1wall1wall1
I wish you the best of luck with it, and I hope that it will go quick and easy for you:thumb::thumb:

Rogerio Silva

here we go again!

Howdy!

Took me some time, but here are some news. I decided to start over the model, and the results got better. Still, a little sloppy, since this is just a prototype, but I think the results are better than my first time at it. No wonder...
The pics below show what I say...

Attachments

• WP_000398.jpg
    WP_000398.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 68
  • WP_000399.jpg
    WP_000399.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 50
  • WP_000400.jpg
    WP_000400.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 34
  • WP_000401.jpg
    WP_000401.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 32
  • WP_000402.jpg
    WP_000402.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 91

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to see that you have not totally dropped this project!!!
I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!!!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Rogerio Silva

RB

Thanks a lot, my friend! As this is a prototype model, my alpha build, I've got already a lot of things more to change, but I'm really happy with the results as they are.

Rogerio Silva

Keeping things in mind...

Howdy!

I've got a few pics on the "head" (cockpit) of the Pirate. Here they are.
You can see the size of it by the cutting matt grid (centimetters).
The head and the centurion-like yellow "plumes" will have to be redesigned for building simplification.

Attachments

• WP_000403.jpg
    WP_000403.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 92
  • WP_000404.jpg
    WP_000404.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 27
  • WP_000406.jpg
    WP_000406.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 50
  • WP_000407.jpg
    WP_000407.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 37

Rogerio Silva

A weight on the shoulders

Howdy

I finished the outer helmet of the Groizer X (Pirate), and here's a pic of the dry test fit. It's becoming "alive"!

Attachments

• WP_000411.jpg
    WP_000411.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 37

Rogerio Silva

Wings of surprise

YO

When I started to learn Blender and model the Pirate, the structure I wanted to see most when built was the wing. Although it's NOT an aerodynamic wing (some "poetic license" from the creator of the ship-character), it did catch my attention when I modeled it, because of the air inlets. Just that.
Then I found about the unfolding script plugin that emu (Blender Artists) wrote, and learned how to properly use it (thanks for the guys who helped!), and unfolded the model, the wings continued to catch my attention.
Finally, I built one of the wings, and the result was surprisingly good! I'm really happy with it, and would like to share it with you. All right, I did all the work, but many people here not only supported me, but contributed actively for this.
This is my way to say THANK YOU!

Rogério

P.S. the wing tip added a great touch, IMHO. BTW, there's still some missing parts.

Attachments

• WP_000412.jpg
    WP_000412.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 49
  • WP_000413.jpg
    WP_000413.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_000414.jpg
    WP_000414.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 34
  • WP_000415.jpg
    WP_000415.jpg