Griswold County Court House

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Another building to go on the corner Ntrak module I am making. A courthouse.
Usually I start with a corrugated cardboard frame and add cerealboard with windows and doors. This time I wanted deep windows so have cut them oversize in the corrugated cardboard. I will add trim strips to hide the corrugations. Next I plan to put the cerealboard walls onto the inside of the corrugated cardboard. I hope this will give the effect I am looking for.
No paper plans for this structure. The size is dependant on the space I have given it on the module. I then draw the walls to N gauge scale and cut it out.
This shows the first cuts.

Attachments

• ch1.jpg
    ch1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 345

Matthyro

Got the trim strips added and the cerealboard background cut out. It is loosely behind and not in place yet but gives some idea of deep window wells.

Attachments

• ch2.jpg
    ch2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 328
F

Fred_M

I'm sure you already answered this, but how do you cut all them little pieces? DASH

Matthyro

Dash10, it's the cutting tools I use that allow me to cut any size I need.

Attachments

• ch3.jpg
    ch3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 296

shamus

Registered Member
Will you quit making these structures please, I cannot keep up LOL
Great work my friend, geez, your a machine yourself.:D
Now back to :sleeping:

Shamus

Matthyro

With remaining walls in place, the courthouse begins to take on a bit of character.
Shamus, you rebuild layouts as fast as I build buildings.

Attachments

• ch4.jpg
    ch4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 251

Matthyro

The columns is place. They are made out of 1/8th dowelling

Attachments

• ch5.jpg
    ch5.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 218

RailRon

Robin, those double columns look very impressive. They give the building a very serious touch (as it should be with a courthouse). Great work!

And thanks to reverting to the step-by-step photos!

Ron

aartwmich

That is...so VERY cool!! :thumb:

Robin you are my cerealboard hero :eek: :)

I look forward to watching this one progress, thanks so much for sharing the step by step pics.

penngg1

WOW!! :thumb: :thumb:
Thank you Robin for including your thoughts with the pic's. It gives us a chance to see the thought process in creating a work of art. Thanks again.
Bud :) :)

Matthyro

I am pleased you like these progress reports even though there is a lot of duplication in them from other projects I have made.
Today I started the dome. Here are some of the pieces that will make it up.

Attachments

• ch6.jpg
    ch6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 186

Matthyro

Paper roof added and sprayed with gold automotive lacquer and a bead put on top.

Attachments

• ch8.jpg
    ch8.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 172

nalmeida

Size comparisons?

Hi there Robin, as I said before I'm also a big admirer of your work, it even inspired me to do this year's Christmas Crib out of Cereal box's, but the purpose of this post is to ask, if possible, to take a picture of this structure near a CD case so that I could be aware of the size of it, most of the time this pics don't really help in aknowledge the real size of this works of art. Oh and as said by others, even if you find it repetitive we really lyke to see it grow piece by piece.

jkristia

it looks great, (as usual), how did you make that paper roof on the dome, is it just regular paper that is painted or how?