Good day from South Africa

owen mulrooney

Hi to all, thank you for allowing me to join the group.
A little about me, I am a pensioner, 75 years old, live in Hoekwil in the South of the West Cape Province in South Africa near the villiage of Wilderness.
I have been building card models for 5 years, nothing spectacular but do enjoy it, do not have many "In progress build" pic's but will show from time to time
what I do have. My main interest is Locomotives, Trams and Tractors but have tried a few others, at the moment I am trying F1 cars.
My interest in railways goes back 50 years and I spent many a happy day chasing steam in the 1970's and 1980's. I also have an interest in vintage tractors
and have had a few myself. I hope I will be able to add a little interest to the group, I know I will learn a lot.
Thank you
Owen Mulrooney

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
welcome Owen, looking forward to see some pic's of your locomotives

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Owen,

thank you for posting this fine introduction.

We have many railroad fans here, so I think you have arrived at the right "station". ;)

By all means, if you have any pictures of your previous builds or even layouts, please feel free to show them here.

Take care and have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Welcome aboard, great intro, Like @Revell-Fan said, there are many train enthusiasts here, and then there are those like me, who just admire them for the sheer beauty, but have no desire to have or build one.

I hope you will enjoy your "stay" hear at Zealot.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I would love to see pictures of any Steam machines you have restored/worked on. Feel free to post them in this thread. Welcome to Zealot, we are very happy to have you. ;)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Owen,

Welcome to Zealot! You have indeed come to the right place for all things paper (and other mediums, to include plastic). As was mentioned earlier, there is a complete section for trains (that cover most of the scales). SO, I hope that will help you feel more at home here.

If you have any questions, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask, and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

If you have any photos of any of your paper models, by all means, please post photos. We love seeing photos.
Speaking about photos; when you are building new projects, I would like to encourage you to post build threads. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as highlight problems areas that you may have issues with or have come up with a solution for said problems.

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you feel at home and enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work!

owen mulrooney

Thanks to all for the welcome messages, will post some pic's soon.
Forgot to mention in my intro message, I draw and paint images of Loco's, trams and tractors, I prefer to draw older sujects, tractors older than 1950, I prefer steel wheels with cleats, trams 1930 and earlier, all steam loco's and a few electric and diesel. I use mainly water color, charcoal and pastel and sometimes a combination of charcoal and pastel.
Regards
Owen

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Another multi medium artist! I model in many forms, I used to draw and paint, but the hands shake too much now for that.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Hi to all, thank you for allowing me to join the group.
A little about me, I am a pensioner, 75 years old, live in Hoekwil in the South of the West Cape Province in South Africa near the villiage of Wilderness.
I have been building card models for 5 years, nothing spectacular but do enjoy it, do not have many "In progress build" pic's but will show from time to time
what I do have. My main interest is Locomotives, Trams and Tractors but have tried a few others, at the moment I am trying F1 cars.
My interest in railways goes back 50 years and I spent many a happy day chasing steam in the 1970's and 1980's. I also have an interest in vintage tractors
and have had a few myself. I hope I will be able to add a little interest to the group, I know I will learn a lot.
Thank you
Owen Mulrooney

Welcome Owen! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your past work. I'm sure you've got some great ideas for railroad backgrounds / dioramas as well.

Have a great day!

Sky Seeker