Gonna be famous!

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Dear friends,
although my work is keeping me away from active modeling I'm not totally absent.
I had the great pleasure to be invited from San Marino national broadcasting service (San Marino RTV) to be testimonial in an episode of the TV show "Passioni: creatività, arte sogno" (Passions: creativity, art, dream) to talk about my beloved paper models.

If you would like to waste seven minutes of your life seeing my silly face while I try to explain myself I put here the link to the video.

The show was an huge success because many people stops me complimenting for an activity they never suspected before about me...

Unfortunately I can't edit the file because it's not free to modify so I couldn't provide subtitles to make you understand what I'm saying.
Anyway I wrote down the text for you, if you want to follow the video linking images to the things I say.

This is the transcription:

I’m Antonio Zani, I’m 57 years old, I live in Cailungo, San Marino, and my passion is model making.

We all was ever fascinated by miniature reproduction of the things that is part of our life. Just think to doll houses or model railroads, objects often charming adults more than childs.

Recently I discovered an all-new world that is card modeling. Basically it’s possible, starting from simple paper or cardboard, that you can print by yourself or buy in printed form, to build any kind of subject, scale models that have nothing to envy to traditional ones that anyone can easily remember, like classic sailing ship models.

It’s not only about bringing pieces together, but rather to tell a story.

LUNAR MODULE

This one won several prizes. I have to say it gave me a lot of gratifications. This one too comes from a story. It’s the lunar module of Apollo 13 mission. For those unfamiliar with the story this is the lunar module that never landed on the moon but acted as a lifeboat bringing back the astronauts to the Earth and saving them from an horrible death in the space.
You don’t need to have special tools to build paper models. In the simplest way a pair of scissors and a tube of glue are enough to start.

What if I see the children getting close? … I put myself in front to stop them!

THE WHITE AND BLUE TRAIN

I was member of the “Associazione Treno Bianco Azzurro” at the time of its foundation. We thought about producing and selling this model as a promotional gadget. This is the AB03, the electric locomotive that has been recently restored and now is on show at the entrance of the Montale tunnel, in the site where was the San Marino train station. This is the prototype of a model kit we was planning to realize to consent to anybody to build his own AB03 model. It’s a very detailed model with full interior, first class with velvet chairs, third class with wooden benches. The interesting thing about this model is that, while I was building it the real one was under restoration, so the two AB03 came to life simultaneously.

To build this model I worked about a year long. But has to be said I didn’t work at it continuously every day. You don’t have to be hasty if you want to be a good modeler.

SPACE SHUTTLE FLIGHT DECK

This is the flight deck of a Space Shuttle. It’s surely the most challenging project I dealt with, because this time I've choosen to design it totally by myself instead of taking a ready to build model. It might appears to be not very interesting if you see it closed, but if you open it you can see that the thing is pretty complex. Roberto Vittori, who was member of the crew during the mission I choose to represent, brought in space a crossbow from Sansepolcro, the town where he used to live. This was the first time, for what I know, that a crossbow was aboard the space station and shot some arrows to its target at zero G. This detail couldn't be missing in my model so I carefully reproduced it using, as a reference, the original drawings I obtained from the “mastro d’armi”, the master craftsman who actually realized it, that I was able to contact personally.
Usually my family, especially my wife, make me notice that, when I’m at work with my models, I tend to loose track of time. So from time to time I hear a voice screaming “Did you see the watch?” and I realize that hours have passed, while I was sure that I have been working only for few minutes. When you have fun the time really flies. Unfortunately this is my passion, what can I do?

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
Excellent! They made a very nice presentation of your interview. It was a pleasure to watch. If American media made this they would have a couple of seconds of you and the rest of it would be them talking about what they think of you. Nice video and a credit to your culture.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am so happy you were able to produce this. You did a fantastic demonstration, and you presented yourself graciously. Well done my friend. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
:Congrats: :Congrats: :Congrats:

Thank you for the transcription. I'm certain that this interview brings some new people to papercrafting.

I'd like to see the video but all I can see is this:

vid.jpg

???

Last edited:
Reactions: Tonino

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Unfortunately, I was unable to see it as well. Thank you for the English translation. I am happy to you had the opportunity to present your models and your passion for this wonderful hobby to your corner of the world.
KUDOS TO YOU FOR A FINE JOB WELL DONE!

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Thank you guys!
I'm very sorry that some of you can't access the video.
Perhaps the video software they use on their webpage has some incompatibility with certain browsers or OS'.
I don't know. I'll try to access with different browsers to see what happens.
At home I was able to play it on Chrome and Edge on Windows X.
Please let me know if you succeed, in the meantime I'll complain with RTV for this bad joke...

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
Hi Tonino,

congratulations to that wonderful presentation of our hobby and yourself.

I had no problem with the video watching it on WIN10 and waterfox as Browser.

Thank you

the greek

Reactions: Tonino