Going loco for August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milepost131

Aug 17, 2006
August Contest

Hopefully this is he way to enter the contest.

THis is a picture of taken on my N scale layout of the Murphy Branch. THis is a representation of the Governor's Island bridge east of Bryson City, NC.

Attachments

• GOVislite-1.JPG
    GOVislite-1.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 263

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Southern 4501 on a railfan trip in Chickamauga, GA in October, 1995.
4501_chick1.jpg

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
They Employees get a 'Special Treat'...........

Saturday morning finds an employee special on the MadCoW. As SD40T-2 #8960 is assigned to the train of gallery cars. Careful observers will note the trailing unit, FP45B unit #400-B to supply head-end power to the train.

A great day to railfan!!
Mad_8960_dachsy_1_375618.jpg

Johnny

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Great shots, all of you.

Here's my contribution. We have a sightseeing special coming into Santa Rosa depot to pick up passengers on their way to a tour of the southwest landscape. Heading in the other direction is a consist of Santa Fe diesels and some cattle on their way to market. I noticed in the background we have yet another loco, that elusive Wild Wild West train, presumably taking James West and Artumus Gordon to yet another adventure to deal with some dasterdly and devious despot.

Attachments

• Locos-29.jpg
    Locos-29.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 216

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I had a tough time deciding which previously used picture I should enter here: I narrowed it down to three, all on this bridge, with the other two both being "going away" shots.
This one is of a westbound mixed on the Maitland River bridge: she's just passed the whistle post for the Stockyards crossing, and will soon pull into the Lowbanks station. On the return trip later today, the 34 will be doubleheaded with sister 37, as the eastbound trip is almost all uphill.

100_5825.jpg

Grand Valley 34 is a remotored and regeared brass import, originally a Boston & Maine loco.

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
dekruif said:
Can the picture be on a club layout?

Welcome to the Gauge, dekruif. :wave: Yes, pictures from a club layout are okay, but only one photo per contest, and it must have been taken by the person submitting it. Nice to see a new member jumping right into things:thumb: :thumb: : maybe this'll give a "nudge" to some of our more reluctant members, and encourage them to post a picture. Good luck with your entry.

Wayne

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
dekruif said:
Can the picture be on a club layout?

Most of my photos are either on an outdoor diorama or off of the club layout. While I do have a small N scale layout, I model in HO and simply don't have the space for even a small layout in that scale. My submission this month is a picture I took of a friends newest locomotive on its maiden voyage on his layout. Looking forward to seeing your work.:thumb:

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Geeps transporting freight (My contest entry)

Here are a BN GP40 and an IC GP38 on their way somewhere in the hills of southeastern Ohio in HO scale. You see Atlas engines and Athrean rolling stock. The scenery is stucco patch over crumpled paper.

abb.jpg

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.