FV101 Scorpion AFV

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Just finished my last project, the Saab J35 Draken, so for my next project it will be the FV101 Scorpion from this forum.
instructions are 4 pages that I printed in grey scale to conserve color ink, and front to back to save paper.

The parts printed out on 3 pages of 110 Lb card stock

Attachments

• FV101 instructions.jpg
    FV101 instructions.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 19
  • FV101 Parts sheets.jpg
    FV101 Parts sheets.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 25
Z

Zathros

Looking forward to this. Make sure you use heavier card stock for the main body (110 lb.) , you won't regret it! :)

micahrogers

Staff member
The parts plan sheets are printed om 110 lb card stock, but I am already thinking that I might have to print one of the parts sheets on 20 lb paper just to make rolling the gun tube easier.

Z

Zathros

You definitely must use common sense in these things. 110 lb. stock rolls really well, but not for super small stuff. :)

micahrogers

Staff member
I'll see how the card stock rolls then if needed I'll print it on 20 lb paper

micahrogers

Staff member
Update today:
Step 1 is the upper hull part 1 cut out edges colored and folded
20120829_134436.jpg
Then parts B 2 - 11 are cut folded colored and attached for a finished upper hull top
FV101 step 1-1.jpg
and another view
FV101 Step 1-2.jpg
and another
FV101 Step 1-3.jpg
and finally
FV101 Step 1-4.jpg
next step is the rest of the hull.
More updates as the work progresses.
Thanks

Z

Zathros

If that's any indication of things to come, another fine model is coming together. :)

micahrogers

Staff member
Thank you. Work interferes with modeling again though. Time to try and do another 40 hours in 3 days. The rest of the hull is next but won't get any real time to work on it till Monday.

:wave:

Z

Zathros

It's been too long since I have built a model because of events in my life. A common problem. These models do take time. A lot of time! :)

micahrogers

Staff member
I just recently changed jobs, and not by my choice, so now I am just luck to have a job... It may only be three days a week for now, but the boss has told me that the next truck she gets free will be mine. I took up paper models as a way to pass the time with relatively little expense.

micahrogers

Staff member
Update today, a day early.
Got the lower section of the upper hull assembled and forgot to get a pic of it, but I gut the pics of it attached to the rest of the upper hull.
FV101 Step 2-1.jpg
and another two views,
FV101 Step 2-2.jpg
FV101 Step 2-3.jpg
So now the next step is to complete the hull by assembling the lower hull and drive-train.
more pics to follow
Thanx
:cool:

micahrogers

Staff member
Happy Labor Day to those here in the United States :wave:
Update today:
The lower hull assembled and ready for the drive train, Front view
FV101 Lower hull 1.jpg

and rear view,
FV101 Lower hull 2.jpg

and finally side view.
FV101 Lower hull 3.jpg

next is the drive train, consisting of 10 road wheels, 2 drive sprockets, 2 return rollers, and 2 tracks

PS. sorry about the poor picture quality but it is raining again here, pics are inside with flash.

micahrogers

Staff member
Update today.
the lower hull is complete, pics taken of the return rollers attached.
FV101 Front return rollers.jpg

I did the road wheels last night and didn't take a pic of them. But this morning I put the tracks on and got some good pics of the completed lower hull.

Front view
FV101 Lower hull complete 1.jpg

and side views.
FV101 Lower hull complete 2.jpg
FV101 Lower hull complete 4.jpg

and rear view
FV101 Lower hull complete 3.jpg

Next is to attach the Lower hull to the Upper hull then to start on the turret.
TTFN

micahrogers

Staff member
another update today.
I got the main hull complete including the fenders and headlights. edge and touch up painting done with Vallejo Model Color acrylic paints.

Front view.
20120905_170133.jpg

Side view
20120905_170149.jpg

and rear view
20120905_170201.jpg

and finally the other side
20120905_170208.jpg

Next is the turret so wish me luck.

Z

Zathros

Whoa, what happened! You went to an almost complete model in the wink of an eye! Greebling all the way along, that takes a lot of discipline. That's in this forum, eh? :)

micahrogers

Staff member
It just looks impressive because I attached the upper hull to the lower hull. the plans are in the download section.
:thumb:

Z

Zathros

I think it looks impressive because it is impressive! The greebling you did is making this model really pop. :)

micahrogers

Staff member
I have to give the credit to the models designer, all the greeblies are part of the kit.

micahrogers

Staff member
Work interferes with modeling again but the good news is that I get my own truck Sunday. With luck I will start on the turret Saturday or Sunday.:mrgreen:

Z

Zathros

That's good news! I imagine, in your line of work, not having your own truck has to be a real drag, for a few reasons. :)