Fokker D VII 1:144 by Zio Prudenzio

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Hello Friends,

I did this paper model of Fokker D VII to be used in tabletop game Wings of War I started to play receantly. Great game by the way, I strongly recomend it to any WW1 aviation fan.

Game was invented as a card game, but ower the time they started to make great 1:144 scale models of airplanes for the game, fully assembled and painted, to make the game visualy more appealing. Planes are actualy not needed realy, you can still use cards instead of them, but they are beautilull eye candy and it was them what brougth me to the game. But some of them are permanantly out of stock, like Fokker D VII.

Luckily for me, I could use one of beautiful models from Zio Prudenzio, scale it down a little to 1:144 scale and give it a try. I was affraid of the scale, but it turns out great. It looks even better than official model in my opinion :). If it was build as a display model I would pay even more attention to the details and execution, but this plane must withstand constatnt handling during the play so I buit it with this in mind.

Here are some pics:
fokker dVII - b6.jpgfokker dVII - b4.jpgfokker dVII - b5.jpgfokker dVII - b9.jpg

Here is the plane with attachable/detachable smoke marker I made for the game. It is used when your plane is hit and takes smoke damage:
fokker dVII - b1.jpgfokker dVII - b2.jpg

And comparison with official model for the game, not Fokker, but Pfalz, because I do not have any. Paper model deffinitely looks more finer to me, strut thickness realy makes the difference :) :
fokker dVII - b7.jpgfokker dVII - b8.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I think they look great!! Especially if you see the real ones which are not as finished as you may think. Not far from me are the oldest flying aircraft in America. They have a few Fokker's and Spads. The hand built nature of these planes is very evident. Every single one was a hand built original. They still fly them too, which is what makes Rhinebeck Aerodrome such a great place to visit. :)

Reactions: ennder