Fifer Mills

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
This is the only major structure that will go on the second Ntrak corner module I am building for Vals BBQ this summer.
It is a mill that makes carpets. It is based on the South River Modelworks ad in the December 1998 MR.
It is named after Mike Fifer, NARA member #90.
As most of you know I like to name my structures after NARA members.
As you can see there are a ton of windows in this building.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 528

Woodie

Sheesh, Robin. Don't you know how to play? Just cross the 2nd box from the left and you've got three in a row!! You win!!

Sheesh!! :):):) :p :rolleyes:

shamus

Registered Member
Damn it, he's off and running again. This one is going to take a little longer than your last one :rolleyes:

Shamus:thumb:

F

Fred_M

You must eat breakfast food three times a day the way you use cerial boxs. Have fun. FRED

fifer

Wow!!!

Thanks for the Honor.
I'm with the other guys , Robin ,you are a madman with an Xacto and a cutting mat.
Sorry I havn't been posting much , my son and I are trying to get an online store going and the site building is slow , but some merchandise is on the way.
We are off , in the motorhome, to Las Vegas next wednsday for his wedding and will be back the following monday. The orders should be here by then and then the real work starts.
We hope to have the site up next month.
Thanks Robin, Mike

:) :) :) :) :) :) :p :p :p :D :D :D

Matthyro

Here are all the wall sections with windows and doors cut out. Next step is to frame the windows. Yes, this one is going slower as I am also laying track on my layout.

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 401

Matthyro

The walls are up and window glass is glued in place and clamped with clothes pegs.

Attachments

• m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 333
F

Fred_M

Nice detail on them windows. Hard to believe you made them from paper. That's more cutting than I want to do. It's also funny how we call common items different names. We call them clothes pins here in the Ozark Mountains. I think we will have fish and freedom fries for lunch:D . FRED

b28_82

Originally posted by dash10
Nice detail on them windows. Hard to believe you made them from paper. That's more cutting than I want to do. It's also funny how we call common items different names. We call them clothes pins here in the Ozark Mountains. I think we will have fish and freedom fries for lunch:D . FRED

I'm from the Chicago area and we call them clothes pins too. Must be a Canadian thing:D

spitfire

I'm from Toronto and have heard them called both clothes pins and pegs interchangeably.

BTW Robin, I think those clothes pins are a little out of scale for your structure. :D

Val

Will_annand

Val, it is just a phase Robin is going through. It is called:

"Neuveau Architecture"

They are just modern deco spires on the building.
:D

F

Fred_M

Back to them clothes pegs, there's a nice source of pre-weathered wood Robin. Them would make great Ozark shacks. FRED :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
It's hard to dissagree with any of the other comments. As usual, exemplary work.:thumb: :thumb:

Will_annand

Originally posted by dash10
Back to them clothes pegs, there's a nice source of pre-weathered wood Robin. Them would make great Ozark shacks. FRED :D

Should let Casey Feedwater know that Robin has a source for Ozark quality material. :thumb:

Matthyro

Thanks folks for the support and kind words.
I don't believe the quality of my stuff stands up to the excellent work that others post here at the Gauge but I am having fun doing it.
Next I have added the roofing and the bell tower. The bell tower is made of toothpicks and the top is a bit of 3/4inch dowel I turned to the shape you see.

Attachments

• m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 218