Faro Basso from UHU

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Realy I love this build, combining paper with real components. Looking forward to see the next update thumbsup

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I really like the addition of other materials for certain components (like the springs). It gives the model a more "realistic" look!

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
The tires (first unsuccessful attempt)
Image225.jpg Image224.jpg Image220.jpg
Image215.jpg Image213.jpg Image211.jpg
Image174.jpg Image177.jpg Image172.jpg
Image167.jpg Image165.jpg Image163.jpg

And at this point I realized that somewhere on the way I made a huge mistake. The curvature of the tire sides should go inwards to the center and not outwards. The distance was way to big for the little stripe to close both sides. The sidewalls got all “bumpy” and uneven. I finished them anyway and here is the result.
Image161.jpg Image152.jpg Image150.jpg

I did not like them much but I put them temporarily on the scooter to have a picture of how it would look like
Image157.jpg Image153.jpg

A bit dissapointed I continued with some greebles and finished the “electronics”
Image149.jpg Image148.jpg Image192.jpg

So much for now
i will continue soon

The Greek

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Those wheels came out great!! Great job on the handlebars and it's components. Electrifying it is raising the bar. Excellent! :)

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
Hello everyone,

thank you zathros. The picture can not show them as they really are. Before connecting the two sides together the surface of the side was even and smooth. By pressing the sides inwards to reach the center so i could glue them to together they deformed. Anyway, i made a second set, that came out much better, which i used for the model.
Now to the difficult parts.
I was avoiding these two parts for as long as I could but I had to build them, there was no way around it. :)

UHU planed the outside in green and the inside as second part in brown. I tried it with UHU’s method but I could not get the results I wanted, so I printed them out again with the backside already in brown. This made the construction a lot easier.
Image512.jpg Image496.jpg Image495.jpg

On the left is my second attempt for this part. It looks good but the shape is not right. It’s too round. It should be more “elongated”. Squeezing it together deformed the part too much so I tried a third time
Image61.jpg Image60.jpg Image59.jpg
Image58.jpg Image56.jpg Image54.jpg
Image51.jpg Image46.jpg

With an additional part to keep the shape
Image44.jpg Image42.jpg Image41.jpg

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
To the tires (the second time)

After my first unsuccessful attempt to build the tires I did not want to take any risk of ruin them again (it takes a lot of work and time to do them), so I decided to make them a bit different from UHU’s way.

I made the sides completely flat and gave them an extra layer of card to keep them that way.
Image147.jpg Image146.jpg Image144.jpg
Image137.jpg Image135.jpg Image133.jpg
Image131.jpg Image126.jpg Image125.jpg
Image121.jpg Image118.jpg Image116.jpg
Image115.jpg Image112.jpg Image110.jpg

Image105.jpg Image103.jpg Image101.jpg

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
Hello everyone,

thank you Mark Crowel, you are right, it was demanding.
It was my first "difficult" model from UHU with all this curved and round shapes. His Tinkerbell i made years ago was nothing compared to this one. Luckily i have patience but the skills have much room for improvement.

Thank you Rhaven Blaack, mijob and Toutenkarton. I'm happy you like it.

Ladies and Gentleman :cool:

here it is, the finished Faro Basso. Enjoy :)

Image 823.jpg
Image 824.jpg
Image 819.jpg Image 820.jpg Image 822.jpg
Image 805.jpg Image 804.jpg Image 803.jpg
Image 825.jpg Image 816.jpg Image 817.jpg
Image 807.jpg Image 808.jpg Image 810.jpg
Image 811.jpg Image 812.jpg Image 814.jpg
Image 828.jpg Image 829.jpg Image 830.jpg

It was a challenging build but I enjoyed it and learned a lot on the way.
Not everything I had in mind to do on this model worked out as I thought it would but that’s OK, there is always the next model…

Thank you all

The Greek

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
A lovely build with the details you put in it. And the lights are working.
I would say job WELL DONE!!!!!! :Drinks:

Reactions: micahrogers

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! It looks like it was made from rubber and metal. Congratulations on a very fine job well done!!!

:Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Great work, your execution of the subtle curves looks as good as any I've seen. To get them any smoother would require a buck, and water forming... Add to that, you installed Working lights! Just fabulous.

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
Thank you all very much, you are toooo kind.

@Revell-Fan thank you

@Rhaven Blaack thank you, i love all these "little extra components". Every model i am building i try to improve somehow. Sometimes more details by adding layers, sometimes other materials for more realism or in this case a combination of both. Whatever i think i can do to make it look better i try out. Sometimes it works others it does not. Does this make me an addict?:wink:

@mijob and @micahrogers thank you very much. Actually i tried that but this paper could not take it, so i formed it dry as much as i could (that's why it took me two and three tries for some parts).
The working lights i planed from the start. I even built a switch to turn them on and off (see post 17 the suspension with contact) but the switching is one thing that did not work out. My idea was that if the scooter is parked on the stand the motor would hang down due to it's weight and the contact would be open. Letting the scooter down would close the contact and therefore switch on the lights.
Unfortunately i realized too late that UHU designed the model to stand on the tires and the stand..... :headbange: which made the switching impossible. Well i guess i have to pay more attention next time :).

The Greek