Experts, nice to meet you

Joy_love_papermodel

Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone, I am new here. I like to make paper models. I am a novice. I have been exploring by myself since about two or three years ago. There are many places I want to learn from you. I think I can learn a lot here. Please everyone A lot of advice, thank you.
(Sorry for poor English, please advise if there is any mistake, thank you)

Joy

Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I've been following your Private Messages with Revelle Fan. You must be over 18 years old to be in this forum. There is no way around that. I'm not sure if we can work around that. If you had a patent join the forum and posted under their account, that may work.

Joy_love_papermodel

Jan 25, 2022
I've been following your Private Messages with Revelle Fan. You must be over 18 years old to be in this forum. There is no way around that. I'm not sure if we can work around that. If you had a patent join the forum and posted under their account, that may work.
I'm sorry, but the terms I see are over 14 years old with parental consent, am I wrong?
32.png

In addition, the solution you gave me is that I set up another account that is over 18 years old? (in someone else's name and then borrowed?)

Joy_love_papermodel

Jan 25, 2022
Otherwise, I will explore by myself for two or three years, wait until I am 18 to start my dream paper model space capsule and ask you experts, maybe that's the only way...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Best bet, come back when you are 18. Then you can enjoy the full benefits of the gorum. Do not set up another account. We will catch that and won't let you join.

See you when you turn 18, and looking forward to it!!!

Zathros

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Helly Joy,

I am sorry but I too think this is the only way. Come back when you are 18, please.

Time will fly, I am sure. Take care and stay healthy.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in three years. :)

RF

P.S.: There are a lot of paper models available for free which you can download, print and build in the meantime. Here are some recommendations:

Have fun and enjoy! :)

• Love
Reactions: Joy_love_papermodel

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Per our own rules as posted...

9.) Age requirements:

While this is a family friendly site, we can’t guarantee everything. See Disclaimer, above. Users must be at least 14 years of age. If you are between 14 and 18 you need parental/guardian permission to participate in our message board(s). That’s not just us, it’s the law.

14 with parent or guardian permission, otherwise 18.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello Joy,

with the recent change of the rules and policies of the forum regarding the age requirements in mind please let me welcome you to the forum! :)

You may participate and showcase your work here.

If you have any pictures of the models you have already built please show them here. We love pictures! :)

When you build a new model please start a new thread in a fitting section of the forum to allow us to see your progress.

Take care and

Have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
Hello Joy,

Welcome to Zealot!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. This is the best forum on the internet and our moderators and administrators are great guys. Please let us know if your have any questions. Ans please share your work with us. We love to see works-in-progress and any ideas you may have regarding modeling of all types.

And if you enjoy 3D modeling, we have people here who have expertise in several different 3D programs such as Blender, Sketchup, and Rhino3d..

If you enjoy Science Fiction, we have you covered as well. @Revell-Fan and @Rhaven Blaack are experts in SF fandom, especially with Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers. Our resource sections has a wide range of models, everything from TV and movie props to Aircraft to Star Trek to Star Wars. Plus, if you search the forum, there are links to great resources for paper modeling.

Have fun with your pursuits and welcome to the Zealot family!

AwryC

• Love

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Hello Joy,

Also a big welcome from me. I think you gone have a great time here. Please share some of your builds we love pictures. If you have any questions yust lets us know.

Joy_love_papermodel

Jan 25, 2022
Omg! I really didn't expect to be back here again now ! Thank you so much for the warm welcome,I can't describe my emotion in words,I can finally officially join the big family!I'm really sorry for the mistakes I made because I didn't understand the rules before,please allow me to explain a little:I know such a good forum because of a thread from Tonino sir with the details of the model I've been looking for for a year so i'm excited.But I misunderstood the nature of this forum, I thought it was similar to yahoo, there are all kinds of themes and that thread is very precious, so I can't wait to leave a message.But this is not the truth,here is a warm big family!There are so great to have someone to help and give encouragement in what I love.Thank you again for your warm welcome
I will find time to share my work with you,Please look forward to it~

love everyone here❤

Joy

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
Omg! I really didn't expect to be back here again now ! Thank you so much for the warm welcome,I can't describe my emotion in words,I can finally officially join the big family!I'm really sorry for the mistakes I made because I didn't understand the rules before,please allow me to explain a little:I know such a good forum because of a thread from Tonino sir with the details of the model I've been looking for for a year so i'm excited.But I misunderstood the nature of this forum, I thought it was similar to yahoo, there are all kinds of themes and that thread is very precious, so I can't wait to leave a message.But this is not the truth,here is a warm big family!There are so great to have someone to help and give encouragement in what I love.Thank you again for your warm welcome
I will find time to share my work with you,Please look forward to it~

love everyone here❤

Joy
You'll find that this is the best forum on the internet. We have the nicest moderators too!

Joy_love_papermodel

Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone! I haven't seen you for a long time, but I'm finally here to share my previous work with you, please give me a lot of advice.IMG_20220405_155652.jpg
This was the first model I tried to draw a draft myself,you can see the traces of the unskilled pencil......
*There was no such board purely because I couldn't handle its size,even if it doesn't seem to be quite cute
乁| ・ 〰 ・ |ㄏ
Enlightenment in the picture below
(It's "name" is paperholm,I really appreciate his work)
Minimalist style has always been my favorite
3fa8dca940addad68a5410d9b54eaf2d.gif

My next work is thisIMG_20220405_160024.jpg
At that time, I wanted to make a mini airplane, and it was difficult to find the size and shape I wanted,so I went on a whimsical trip to grab this small plane on the map of a large warship model :p
But this model I think is quite a failure, the whole level is not aligned......
I'll look for an opportunity to keep trying

And by far the largest work is itIMG_20220405_160304.jpgIMG_20220405_160415.jpg
I did this work in a hurry and casually, because I had to finish it during a certain holiday, otherwise there would be no time for school to start.It was done in less than a week.
By the way, its corners were crumpled, which was a big oversight on my part, the paper I used was too thin and pressed when storing
ಥ‿ಥ
And you may think this color is weird, because I am afraid of wasting the printer's ink, so I turned the model layout to only lines,the tail of the fuselage was blackened by me >_<

And I have a new plan now and want to make a stacker!!
But I'm new to being embarrassed to take over everyone's page......
If I have any new questions, I will ask you for advice

Please share your experiences with me

Joy

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Joy_love_papermodel

Jan 25, 2022
In addition, I've always used an old utility knife, and my hands are easily uncomfortable......I would like to ask you, do you have any recommended model-making scalpel to get started?The various introductions on the internet are really confusing.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You are at the beginnning of a journey into crafting and fabricating that will serve you well. You are off to a good start too! Your Space Shuttle model looks great. they way you improve is finding models that interest you, and build them. If it seems complicated, don't give up, post pictures with the problems you are having and we will help you. If you are looking for something, let us know, we may possibly be able to find you a free model that will suit your needs. ;)

• Love

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
You are indeed, off to a very good start! I remember when I first started building kit templates. The first few that I built did not turn out very well. It took me a while to get the hang of things and to find out what worked and what did not.

Like @zathros mentioned, find a particular model that interests you. Practice with it. Build it a few times let us know where you are having problems or issues. We can (and will) help you with everything from various tips and techniques on how to achieve the look that you are wanting to recommending what tools and materials to use to garner higher quality finished models. Yes, I know that building the same model over and over again, can get boring and frustrating. However, if you study what you have done and figure out where you have made the mistakes and how to fix those mistakes, you can and will improve.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

• Love

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Very nice! Thank you for posting some of your models here. You are off to a great start into the hobby. @Rhaven Blaack & @zathros have covered everything. Practise is everything and if a step is too complicated just take your time and try again. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
As to the knife you use, try to find a dedicated hobby knife, I use Xacto, Excell, and Friskas. Medical grade scalpels can be ordered online, and the replacement blades are very cheap, I use a number 3 handle, and #10A blades, the blades were 100 for $7.89 USD on amazon.

• Love