England Expects...

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tragically one of my older, favourite plastic models was destroyed when my dad fell on it. Long story, don't ask.

Well ,that the nail in the coffin, thanks to my ex this model was damaged by standing unprotected in the South African sun and the masts in particular lost their shape.

I'm due a bit of money soon, so once that comes in I will return to the origins of my modelling career and be replacing and rebuilding the one, the only HMS Victory! (plastic Airfix kit)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
I am glad that you are able to find a replacement for the one that you lost. I look forward to seeing the build.

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

-----SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR----
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Have you considered redoing the masts inn wood. A dowell and sandpaper, and you have masts. If too much else ws melted, but it would look neat having a diorama of a ship under repair, and the fully built model berthed next to it. ;)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
It was sun damaged and then my dad fell over it, and sadly destroyed (really, it's in pieces and the rigging is now a mess)

That said I like the idea of doing the masts in wood instead of plastic when I get the kit....

Last edited: