EdavilleNut's, Spring 07 scratchbuilt challenge

Edavillenut

Aug 4, 2002
pepperell, ma
www.lighthousehobbies.com
ok guys here it is I know I only have a little under a month left so I hope I can finish it.

As you may know I model the Maine Two-Footers in On2.
Well my layout needs a building for car work. So here it is.........

carshopfront.jpg

carshopside.jpg

carshopback.jpg

This is the Bridgton car house as of 1930.

It was built by the Bridgton & Saco River Railroad in 1882. The building was larger when it was built. But in the 1890's the building was shortened. And the building was torn down in 1942 after the railroad was abandoned and the equipment put up for sale.

The building is roughly 75 feet long and 25 feet wide.

Very few photos are known. The ones I have shown are the only ones that I could find. Only the front back and track side. The side opposite the track can not be seen in any photos that I have looked at. And looking from photos threw the door ways there were only windows and skylights on the track side of the building. So this is the way I will model it.

I will be building this out of wood for the main framing. And I will be using grandt line windows that I will be making so that the will slide up and down. The doors I will build and the will be able to open. And the track going in to the building will be hand laid. And a wood plank floor will also be installed along with a complete interior.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
That's a nice little building..but very complex. You've set yourself a pretty tall order to get it done. Even with the extra month EZdays has given us (the contest will end on June 30). Good luck..!!

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
looks like a complex structure!but the more complex,the better you will feel when its done!good luck cant wait to see it finished--josh